Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Full colour MP Bumblebee images

Irony: Fans are now looking forward to Bumblebee repaints!

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Irony: Fans are now looking forward to Bumblebee repaints!
    I never had a problem with repaints/retools same as Seekers. The problem is the movie Bumblebee toys are excessive.

This is a definite buy for me. He will look great next to my 1:1 scale model of G1 Bumblebee

Quote Originally Posted by kaiden View Post
    I never had a problem with repaints/retools same as Seekers. The problem is the movie Bumblebee toys are excessive.
    Added the fact that G1 is best lol. But MP Bee mold repaints? I can live with that. Considering a number of us have the various Sideswipe mold releases and Seeker releases, myself included. But the key difference is these are different characters instead of just different versions of the same Bee.

But I still do see the funny side Gok is pointing at

Quote Originally Posted by shokwave2 View Post
    This is a definite buy for me. He will look great next to my 1:1 scale model of G1 Bumblebee
    shokwave2 wins the MP Bee thread. But does it transform?

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    shokwave2 wins the MP Bee thread. But does it transform?
    Still searching for a shard of Allspark to fire it up.

Still searching for a shard of Allspark to fire it up.
    You might be able to find some here

Slightly OT, but it has always struck me as curious why HTT hasn't made more use of alternate heads with their 'bee molds, and regularly sold versions of Hubcap/Bumper/Glyph/Bug-Bite etc. They could even market them as 'X disguise Bumblebee' if they really wanted to do the Bumblebee thing - they'd probably still sell at least as well as "Brushing-His-Teeth" Bumblebee repaint #7 with 'new' Colgate Cannon (itself a repaint of the Life Is Pain Pulse Blaster from the "Angsty Emo" black Optimus repaint 2 waves back).

Har! Very nice

I don't mind repaints/retools if they're done thoughtfully, as in the case of Seekers, Autobot Nissans etc. -- but as we all know, there have been a lot of redecos which appear to be rather random, and Bumblebee is notorious for being randomly/meaninglessly redecoed.

Odie: I wish this was done for Classicsverse! I really disliked that phase that Hasbro went through when they would repaint Bumblebee red and call it Cliffjumper (which was annoying considering that G1 Bumblebee (and Cliffjumper) were both available in red and yellow; a red Bumblebee was still Bumblebee!). I'm personally glad that Hasbro's moved away from this now -- giving us a retooled head for Animated Cliffjumper, but I was especially impressed that Transformers Prime Cliffjumper was an entirely different design. Yes!

As far as MP Bumblebee is concerned, the only redeco potential would be for Bug Bite, Glyph and Volks. Cliffjumper and Hubcap (and Carrera) are Porsche 924s, and would require far more extensive retooling than just a variant head. Likewise Bumblejumper (and Optimus Sedan & Robocar Sedan) are Mazda 323s

You should make the interior pink.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust