Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Universe 2.0 Sidswipe In-Package

Default Universe 2.0 Sidswipe In-Package

This eBay auction has appeared with a clear shot of Universe 2.0 Sideswipe
    It has a really good picture of him in the box and he appears to have suffered the same fate as his brother at the hands of Hasbro.

As you can see there is a fairly visible difference between the red on the windshield and the rest of his body.
    Is it just me or hasn't Hasbro learned anything from what happened with Sunstreaker?
    Maybe it just needs another layer of paint or something, because it can't be a problem with the design since Takara seemed to have made it work
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

blarg, two-tone sideswipe.

That looks a LOT worse than Sunstreaker! Faaaaaaaaaaaaaar out!

I guess that its just 'us' picky collectors who notices such things and Hasbro slacking off in the quality department is purely a matter of opinion

I was actually thinking of getting Universe Sideswipe as it has a more G1 accurate paint job (no chromed spoiler), similar paint details to henkei (black) and Hasbro generally gets reds right in figures (until now) but after this, I will be going for Henkei Sideswipe instead. The red color difference is very noticeable even through the package on a low res pic. At least with Universe Sunstreaker, you don't notice the different color shades so obviously in pictures

Some things are not a matter of 'opinion'. Hasbro is clearly slacking off for the sake of profiteering more by cutting on production costs. Some of us may not agree with the Chrome application on some Henkei but its hard to deny that Hasbro's overall production quality is inferior unless you want to pretend otherwise.

People should speak out if Hasbro wants to continue this agenda of diminishing overall quality instead of blind praise or silence from people. I may be ridiculed and laughed at for my statements on this but at least I have my eyes open.
    Last edited by kup; 10th August 2008 at 12:11 AM.

A little to the left... a little bit more...

You're absolutely right Kup! I was hoping Universe Sideswipe would be good enough for me, but sadly it isn't!

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    I guess that its just 'us' picky collectors who notices such things and Hasbro slacking off in the quality department is purely a matter of opinion

I was actually thinking of getting Universe Sideswipe as it has a more G1 accurate paint job (no chromed spoiler), similar paint details to henkei (black) and Hasbro generally gets reds right in figures (until now) but after this, I will be going for Henkei Sideswipe instead. The red color difference is very noticeable even through the package on a low res pic. At least with Universe Sunstreaker, you don't notice the different color shades so obviously in pictures

Some things are not a matter of 'opinion'. Hasbro is clearly slacking off for the sake of profiteering more by cutting on production costs. Some of us may not agree with the Chrome application on some Henkei but its hard to deny that Hasbro's overall production quality is inferior unless you want to pretend otherwise.

People should speak out if Hasbro wants to continue this agenda of diminishing overall quality instead of blind praise or silence from people. I may be ridiculed and laughed at for my statements on this but at least I have my eyes open.
    There's a good chance that the spoiler is red under that chrome anyway.
    ________
    Medical Marijuana
    Last edited by MV75; 11th March 2011 at 10:26 AM.

Household bleach will strip chrome before your eyes.

I've heard from Japanese kitbashers/customisers who use regular dishwashing detergent to strip chrome off TFs.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I've heard from Japanese kitbashers/customisers who use regular dishwashing detergent to strip chrome off TFs.
    well if air itself (over time) is enough to get the chrome off many plastics, I am sure that removing it will not be hard at all. The trick is how to get the chrome off while leaving an unspoiled red surface.

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Dishwashing detergent won't damage the under plastic.
    Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------