Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should BotBots count as Transformers action figures?

Default Should BotBots count as Transformers action figures?

Yes, this is another UCM poll. The poll is on an external link so that non-OTCA fans can participate as well. As always, participation is voluntary. Walk away from this thread now if you don't like it. Thanks.

https://www.playbuzz.com/item/b9f56d...4-5437976b5e2a

Anything official that transforms into a character should count.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Anything official that transforms into a character should count.
    There are some Happy Meal toys and model kits that can transform into individual characters and are official, yet they were elected as not counting. So under this already existing standard should BotBots still count?

Disclaimer: I personally have no opinion either way, and as such I'm abstaining from voting on this poll. But just opening this up for discussion and obviously whatever the majority votes on will become the set standard on the UCM.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    There are some Happy Meal toys and model kits that can transform into individual characters and are official, yet they were elected as not counting. So under this already existing standard should BotBots still count?
    Yes they should as they are produced directly from Hasbro and are transforming toys, they aren't accessories like headmasters and they are not licensed/produced by an external party like McDonalds.
    Bot Bots is an ongoing toyline being produced alongside other lines like Siege, Studio Series, etc which all count as Transformers. So to me the answer is quite clear that they are Transformers (albeit simple ones). Being simple in design is not enough for me to ignore them!

Since the fandom has decided things like Happy Meal toys and Decoys don't count I think BotBots shouldn't either.

That said if it were solely up to me then everything would count.

Hasbro/Takara makes them and they transform and are part of the Transformers brand so they are included. What I dislike is when 3P/KO figures are called ‘Transformers’. They are not. They are generic transforming robots.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Metro View Post
    What I dislike is when 3P/KO figures are called ‘Transformers’. They are not. They are generic transforming robots.
    Article 01 explicitly states that only official toys can be considered Transformers. This was the only rule in the UCM that was never put to the vote as it is a legal fact.

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Article 01 explicitly states that only official toys can be considered Transformers. This was the only rule in the UCM that was never put to the vote as it is a legal fact.
    That’s good. I’ve never read this ‘Article 01’ and don’t even know what UCM stands for (and I really don’t care). It’s just my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Since the fandom has decided things like Happy Meal toys and Decoys don't count I think BotBots shouldn't either.
    These are false comparisons IMO. Bot Bots are not promotional items made by an external party, they are Hasbro products with their own toyline and they can transform, unlike decoys.