Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Nintendo Wii U

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    No one gives a shit about blu-ray and if they do it won't be for much longer as streaming takes over!
    Yeah they do give a shit, specially in AU where internet is mostly crap.

Anyhow, the Wii U doesn't even do streaming properly aside from Youtube. That weird N-TV thing doesn't even work in most countries.

The generation old competitors on the other hand....

I am a bigger Nintendo fan than for any other console out there but they need to give me more to work with. I am not going to say something is good when it isn't even if I am a big fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post

Games are another thing. Do you know why I want one? Mario Kart and Smash Bros. That's it. I can't say I've seen anything else that interests me.
    Your missing out big time if you only buy a wii u for just those two games.

Quote Originally Posted by twincobra View Post
    Your missing out big time if you only buy a wii u for just those two games.
    Curious, what other games do you have in mind?

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Yeah they do give a shit, specially in AU where internet is mostly crap.
    The internet's not the best but it's getting better.. and more and more non-techies are telling me how they're on the latest Netflix or whatever (i still use 'other means' personally). I guess my point was that, Blu Ray is old hat - anyone who wants it either has a standalone player or capable consoles or multiples. I just don't see how it'd be some big selling point, versus simply releasing more and better games?

The only way they'll have widespread adoption is with a totally unique experience like Wii Sports was. But who among "real" Nintendo fans really cares? Wii Sports and it's ilk are crappy mainstream games that i don't want to play anyway.

If Twincobra doesn't answer i could easily list heaps and heaps of reasons to own a Wii U. As a "real" Nintendo fan myself all i wish they'd do is release another goddamn F-Zero or Wave Race game! But if you saw their E3 this year you'd know they have a much better lineup than the other companies - yes in part due to their head start, but still.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Curious, what other games do you have in mind?
    Off the top of my head there is
    Donkey Kong country
    Mario 3d world
    Pikmin 3
    Zombiu(best use of GamePad yet)
    Rayman Legends ( was designed for WiiU, best played on)
    Wonderful 101 (platinum games)
    Wind water HD (if you missed it on the game cube)
    Lego city undercover
    Monster Hunter 3 ultimate
    New Super Mario Bros U & Luigi U (best 2d Mario games since Mario world imo)

Up and coming
    Xenoblade chronicles
    Bayonetta 2 ( 1 included)
    Hyrule warriors
    Captain toad treasure tracker (looks really fun)
    Protect cars

All games that I'll be getting and playing, getting good use
    Out of my WiiU, I've probably missed some that Kurdt might like to add?

The internet's not the best but it's getting better.. and more and more non-techies are telling me how they're on the latest Netflix or whatever (i still use 'other means' personally). I guess my point was that, Blu Ray is old hat - anyone who wants it either has a standalone player or capable consoles or multiples. I just don't see how it'd be some big selling point, versus simply releasing more and better games?

The only way they'll have widespread adoption is with a totally unique experience like Wii Sports was. But who among "real" Nintendo fans really cares? Wii Sports and it's ilk are crappy mainstream games that i don't want to play anyway.

If Twincobra doesn't answer i could easily list heaps and heaps of reasons to own a Wii U. As a "real" Nintendo fan myself all i wish they'd do is release another goddamn F-Zero or Wave Race game! But if you saw their E3 this year you'd know they have a much better lineup than the other companies - yes in part due to their head start, but still.
    You're right. I'm not a "real" Nintendo fan I was when I was 14, but now life tends to get in the way. In the last 6 months I've probably spent no more than 3 hours gaming. My PS3 has spent more time playing movies and streaming. But, I don't think that I'm asking too much for them to add a few simple features that allow me to completely replace my PS3 and not lose any capabilities. I can't see Nintendo's failure to adapt to the market as a good long term business solution, as historically any company that fails to evolve to the market doesn't do too well. And all you "real" fans, what are you going to play if/when Nintendo shuts up shop?
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by twincobra View Post
    ... Kurdt might like to add?
    Sure

Splatoon
    Mario Maker
    Yoshi's Wooly World
    Pullblox World (this series is probably the best/most innovative Nintendo game in years and it costs ~10 bucks)
    Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem
    Mario vs DK Wii U
    Kirby and the Rainbow Curse
    Mario Party 10
    Starfox for Wii U (only prototype has been demo'd so far)
    Fatal Frame
    Devil's Third From the guy behind Dead or Alive & Ninja Gaiden. This was multiplat but Nintendo essentially saved the game and the startup company when they lost their publisher, kind of like how we wouldn't be getting Bayonetta 2 if not for Nintendo.

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    You're right. I'm not a "real" Nintendo fan I was when I was 14, but now life tends to get in the way. In the last 6 months I've probably spent no more than 3 hours gaming. My PS3 has spent more time playing movies and streaming. But, I don't think that I'm asking too much for them to add a few simple features that allow me to completely replace my PS3 and not lose any capabilities. I can't see Nintendo's failure to adapt to the market as a good long term business solution, as historically any company that fails to evolve to the market doesn't do too well. And all you "real" fans, what are you going to play if/when Nintendo shuts up shop?
    Well, i don't think they're going anywhere - they've been failing to evolve since at least the Gamecube era when they first missed the online gaming boat ... but they're still here!

I'll end up with all the consoles in time probably, and have plenty of non-Nintendo games in my collection so i wouldn't be hit too hard.

Do you guys realise that PS4 - even though it's been selling well in the western world, hasn't sold that much in Japan? Actually it sells less per week than Wii U - they're both bombing over there!

Awesome list of games! I am thinking of buying Zombie U soon.

Sure
    From the guy behind Dead or Alive & Ninja Gaiden. This was multiplat but Nintendo essentially saved the game and the startup company when they lost their publisher, kind of like how we wouldn't be getting Bayonetta 2 if not for Nintendo.

Well, i don't think they're going anywhere - they've been failing to evolve since at least the Gamecube era when they first missed the online gaming boat ... but they're still here!

I'll end up with all the consoles in time probably, and have plenty of non-Nintendo games in my collection so i wouldn't be hit too hard.

Do you guys realise that PS4 - even though it's been selling well in the western world, hasn't sold that much in Japan? Actually it sells less per week than Wii U - they're both bombing over there!
    Reason why I don't get a PS4 as yet - Crap games library.

Reason why it took me so long to get a Wii-U? - Former crap games library with little of interest announced.

Of course, after Mario Kart 8 and the latest announcements, the Wii U has turned around considerably, enough to convince me to buy. Although as we have already discussed, it is still lacking standard and expected features for no good reason.

I am primarily and by tradition (since a kid) been a Nintendo and PC gamer. The PS3 is there for media and exclusive games only and don't really care about Xbox because most games worth playing are also on PC with better graphics and options.

However as discussed, I do not follow blindly. As much as I love Nintendo, if they make a crap console, I call them out on it like it happened with Wii and the Game Cube. Those two are the only Nintendo consoles I never bought because I thought they were lacking and I had better ways available to play their games without having to pirate. On the other hand, I own all Nintendo Gameboys and DS because they are great.

Wii U isn't crap, it is truly next gen and not obsolete as some critics make it out to be. But I do wish Nintendo would open their eyes more to its potential.

Gamecube was a fine machine in it's time! Lots of my friends call Gamecube Nintendo's heyday even!

F-Zero GX alone for me... but Metroid Prime 1 & 2, Mario Sunshine, Zelda WW & TP, Smash Melee, Wave Race Blue Storm, Resident Evil 4 (& Remake & Zero). I loved that little purple box that could! And only recently with Wii U have they matched the boot-up speed of Gamecube

Personally i hate it when i buy consoles late though. You might not have a flood of games in the early days, but at least you can enjoy them as they happen instead of building an insurmountable backlog (mine is bad enough!) - and possibly missing some of them as a result. It's more fun when the games are new and you can discuss them with others who're playing also.

You save 100 bucks or so by waiting yeah... and after a while you might have more confidence in the console's ongoing support... But, i'd rather just support it from the beginning so i'm doing my part, and have memories that span the entire life of the console.

Gamecube was a fine machine in it's time! Lots of my friends call Gamecube Nintendo's heyday even!

F-Zero GX alone for me... but Metroid Prime 1 & 2, Mario Sunshine, Zelda WW & TP, Smash Melee, Wave Race Blue Storm, Resident Evil 4 (& Remake & Zero). I loved that little purple box that could! And only recently with Wii U have they matched the boot-up speed of Gamecube

Personally i hate it when i buy consoles late though. You might not have a flood of games in the early days, but at least you can enjoy them as they happen instead of building an insurmountable backlog (mine is bad enough!) - and possibly missing some of them as a result. It's more fun when the games are new and you can discuss them with others who're playing also.

You save 100 bucks or so by waiting yeah... and after a while you might have more confidence in the console's ongoing support... But, i'd rather just support it from the beginning so i'm doing my part, and have memories that span the entire life of the console.
    Amen to that, the cube was just amazing! And kup you should get it, it's cheap now and is the best zombie game I've played since remake.