Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Now Transformers Animated is on TV are the toys flying off the shelves?

Quote Originally Posted by JuzMel View Post
    Yeah Kup, those are the 3 from wave 1 that is out at Kmart, haven't seen any others yet.

*sign* its always the case isn't it, movie comes out, all movie toys gone, cartoon comes out all cartoon toys gone.

Then again I saw parents today still buying Ben 10 stuff for their kids, which is seemingly the "in" thing for the moment.
    Thanks for letting me know!

I have already bought the first wave and waiting for the second to happen. Who is included?

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks
    And having a kids cartoon that is not based off a card game or some kind of competitive battling game is a nice change too.
    Heh. Although that doesn't necessarily mean they're badly written. I've never seen Digimon, but a lot of people have told me that it's pretty well written.

That's why I never buy the whole "Transformers is a cartoon made to sell kids' toys" as a justification for poorly written juvenile stories and other such story elements which talks down to the audience. There are plenty of examples of stories (cartoons, comics etc) based on kids' franchises which don't talk down to their audience like juveniles. In fact Transformers has always been primarily a kids (boys) toy franchise yet there are plenty of examples where the supporting fiction is really well written, e.g.: G1 comics, G2 comics, Beast Wars Canadian cartoon et al. - all made to market children's toys yet had good story-telling.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I've never seen Digimon, but a lot of people have told me that it's pretty well written.
    It isn't. A notch above Pokemon, but that don't mean much!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutsman Heavy View Post
    Agreed, it's better than most stuff thats on, but it still isn't great (but thats the dubbed version, apparently the originals are "better"). I've seen 3 different series, and the 2nd and 3rd series seem to cut copy more or less every story element and character from the first.

Kind of like what happened with Zoids...
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by SilverDragon View Post
    Other shops have loads of Movie figures left and few Animated figures. My fear that the Movie toys would all be gone was clearly unfounded.
    That's got a lot to do with the fact that demand's past. Kids and parents are always looking for the next big thing.

Out so far:
    - Animated Leader: 1st waves in Toy Kingdom/Toy Worlds/Hobby stores in Japan
    - Animated Voyagers: Prime, Megatron, Bulkhead
    - Deluxe: 1st two waves
    - Activators: BB, Starscream and Bulkhead
    - Bumpers: Ratchet, Prime, BB

Though I must admit when I picked up my little sister from school today, i overheard two boys talking about watching it this morning. Maybe by the next holidays we'll see them moving but atm they aren't really moving quickly.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Gutsman Heavy View Post
    Anything that has a different story every episode is above Pokamon which followed a strict template for the story of every episode.

Alongside American cartoons in general, Japanese kid's animation has also hit the floor in the past 10 years, at least the ones that are imported and dubbed for the west.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Anything that has a different story every episode is above Pokamon which followed a strict template for the story of every episode.

Alongside American cartoons in general, Japanese kid's animation has also hit the floor in the past 10 years, at least the ones that are imported and dubbed for the west.
    I think Japanese kid's anime has hit the floor, given that half of it is either crappy adaptations of manga (Naruto, I'm looking at you) or selling something (Dinosaur King. Sure, it's awesome, but dinosaurs trapped in cards? WTF).

Not so much American cartoons. I think they've improved-Avatar, for one, is effing awesome. The animation style's certainly gotten better since the 80s. Heck, TFA, which serves to plug toys, is really good.