View Poll Results: TF4 Movie (AOE) - worth watching?

Voters
101. You may not vote on this poll
  • excellent, must see

25 24.75%
  • good, see if you can

33 32.67%
  • average

20 19.80%
  • disappointing, avoid it

23 22.77%
Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast

Thread: Movie Review - Transformers 4 : Age Of Extinction (spoilers)

Currently it's getting a 31% on Metacritic 15% on Rottentomatos.

If they cut out the humans, I bet it would be getting better reviews. I really feel it's the human parts that let it down.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post
    How long has Optimus Prime had jet boots? What is the point of protoform modes if he can just Iron Man it through space?
    Did anyone else feel like they'd just watched the last episode of The Itchy & Scratchy & Poochie show?

OPTIMUS PRIME: I have to go now. My planet needs me.

Note: Optimus died on the way back to his home planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    Optimus Prime is dark though - I thought it was hilarious that he'd just massacred a bunch of humans at Marky Mark's house and then said he would make an exception to his usual non-human-killing policy by killing Frasier Crane.
    It's really hard for Transformers to kill humans in this universe. Despitr all the damage they did in Chicago the Decepticons only manage to kill 1300 humans.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    My issue w/ Drift as a triple changer is the absence of helicopter parts in robot mode.
    I assumed those things he was wielding were his helicopter blades. I'd love to see e-HOBBY or Million Publishing rerelease G1 Springer in movie Drift colours (as they did for Ironhide, Ratchet, Skids, etc.) Likewise, I now want a G1 Crosshairs (and Pinpointer) in green.
    Last edited by Sky Shadow; 27th June 2014 at 01:30 PM.

I quite enjoyed this one. More than ROTF, but not as much as DOTM. For me the biggest grievence was the off-screen action, missing transformations, and jarring scene/sequence changes. There was a few times I thought that a couple of minutes of filmed had just been skipped ("did I suddenly just fall asleep and miss a bit?").
    Another annoying bit was OP's ability to heal himself. One minute he's off-line/barely functional in a barn, the next he's tearing down a highway with a flashy new alt-mode.
    Did not like the molecular morphing thing at all. Smelt of cop-out to me.

The action sequences, while not put together the best, were visually stunning (which is kinda the point of a big-budget, big-screen action movie).

I enjoyed having new human and non-human characters, but didn't really like Crosshairs or LuckyCharms (who was so one dimensional even the other characters couldn't remember his name). Lockdown and Hound were definite highlights (*rushes to Kmart for a Hound figure*). As was Rachet spark extraction (dont cry fanboys - his spark is intact). Glad Scorn made it to the screen too.

Clearly Galvatron was a setup for the next movie. And I chose to think that since he was manipulating the humans, he gave himself that name. (Awesome homage to TFA too, that bit). Although a 'sparkless' TF does not sit well with me.

There was sections that could have been removed (human drivel, rally car scene) in order to fill a bit of TF story (knights/dinobots, where the Autobots had been hiding, etc).

I could have sworn that when OP took the sword (freeing knights scene) that his form altered somewhat. I thought this was were the flight capability came from. (I might have to rewatch that bit...)

I enjoyed the movie (c'mon, TFs on the big screen!) and will watch it again. And again. Reveiws be damned. No more, or less flaws, than any other big action flick. Just perhaps not quite as well paced or edited as some.
    3hrs and $11 well spent.
    TF Figs of 2023:
    1) WnR Springer
    2) Legacy Bludgeon
    3) Legacy Leo Prime/Nemesis Leo Prime.

I watched the movie last night

1. Way too long, approximately 2.5 hrs long
    2. Pretty much zero character development, story was really all over the place.
    3. rehashed action scenes ala transform with humans inside and catch them in the air
    4. Better than the last 2 movies
    5. Did not like how the dinobots played out-
    6. Mark Wahlberg made it more interesting- Thankfully they got rid of shia
    7. Human casualty? I liked that.
    8. I did not like transformium concept and how galvatron and stinger transform. Also how Galvatron has a mind without a spark.
    Galvatron looks way ugly.

9. I think they had a mistake during where mark is showing footage from the drone inside drift (blue veyron car) yet you see him in robot mode in the same scene.
    Did not explain how drift is a triple changer-as you never see him change into the Bugatti veyron

10. I liked lockdown, didn't like his face though.

Conclusion:
    overall for me it was disappointing as a TF fan and movie goer. I wasn't expecting much and I was still disappointed.
    Leaving it open with Galvatron and the creators concept means theres likely more movies coming.
    I honestly hope they get rid of Michael Bay and do a proper reboot and start a fresh.

Just wished Drift was a Lexus LFA, that would have been perfect. I guess the next movie will be Robots Fighting in Space.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    It's really hard for Transformers to kill humans in this universe. Despitr all the damage they did in Chicago the Decepticons only manage to kill 1300 humans.
    1300? Such an exact number for city wide destruction

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    1300? Such an exact number for city wide destruction
    The exact quote was something like "over/around/more than" but the "thirteen hundred" was a spit-take moment for me. Way too low.

But maybe I misheard. Been waiting to see if anyone else comments on this (or when I see the movie again).

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Yeah, Bumblebee's reference to Stinger as a knockoff made me lol.
    My issue w/ Drift as a triple changer is the absence of helicopter parts in robot mode. I can accept that these are alien looking robots, but they should have noticable alt mode kibble. All I see are Bugatti Veyron kibble but no chopper kibble. It's as if he transforms into a Bugatti but magically morphs into a helicopter. :/ If you want to do a triple changer, fine... but IMHO I'd rather see kibble from both alt modes to visually remind the audience that he does transform (not morph) into both alt modes.

But Transformers deserves so much more respect than that IMO. I see no reason why we can't have a live action movie with decent story-telling. JMO
    Chopper kibble is there.... Swords are the chopper blades, and when on his back are attached to the main rotor... Then in next shot you still see car wheels on legs and car badging on chest.