View Poll Results: TF4 Movie (AOE) - worth watching?

Voters
101. You may not vote on this poll
  • excellent, must see

25 24.75%
  • good, see if you can

33 32.67%
  • average

20 19.80%
  • disappointing, avoid it

23 22.77%
Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718192025 ... LastLast

Thread: Movie Review - Transformers 4 : Age Of Extinction (spoilers)

I quite like how Ben Yee's review points out the merits of the film without having to resorting to the "switch off your brain" or "lower your standards" argument. It points out the merits of the story for what they are and allows them to stand on their own, and is a better way of supporting the strengths of the film IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Polursine View Post
    Transformium. Now, I understand that the humans that named it probably didn't know of the term of the actual metal of the Transformers but don't you think if they had Brains in their labs that he would've said something? Now thats its been dubbed as "Transformium" I want an Autobot to approach someone and say "Hang on, it's actually called ___" (since there's some many metals used in Transformers bodies)
    I agree, but I suppose that they didn't want to confuse audience members with two different terms for the same thing. To AoE's credit, we never hear any of the Transformers refer to Cybertronium as "Transformium." Optimus Prime refers to it as something like, "our basic metals."

And it's arguably typical for humans to just name things for what they think it should be called rather than what it should be actually called. e.g. the didgeridoo. The Manggalili word for it as "yidaki." The word 'didgeridoo' is derived from 'dijeridu' which is merely the onomatopoeia for the sound that the instrument makes. So the idea of the English language referring to the Yidaki as a "Didgeridoo" is akin to referring to say a piano as a "Do-re-mi-fa-so-la-ti-do."

Superman. My explanation is that when he picked up the sword from the ship and went all knight like that he somehow acquired jet boosters. Just would've been nice to find out why now of all times he can fly.
    Even if he only acquired the ability after "Knight Up!", there were still a few moments where I wonder why he didn't use that ability, such as flying back to Hong Kong or trying to control his ascent towards Lockdown's ship. Or heck, just flying out of the Collection ship... something to visually tell the audience that he has this new ability now.

Revenge of the Fallen did the same thing, really. But it showed how. Jetfire sacrificed himself, Ratchet and Jolt combined his parts with Optimus Prime, and I still get a big buzz when I hear Optimus Prime go, "Let's roll!" before flying off to lay Smack Down(TM) on The Fallen!

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Yes, also true, but we shouldn't have to. The Transformers franchise and Transformers fans deserve better than this IMO.

Here you go
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zz6GL6AFphU

So my next question is: worth seeing in 3D?

I saw it 2D but was wondering if there's anything particularly stand out that makes it worth seeing with the 3D glasses. Where are the glasses?!

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I'm one of those people that prefer all movies in 3D. Especially if it has a lot of CGI. So to me I'll always recommend it

So far I've managed to see it in 2D twice for free, but I do have a 20% off discount voucher for IMAX... so I am considering watching it in 3D... although IMAX tickets are expensive, even with a discount. But the voucher expires soonish and I am on holidays atm so... <wink.wink.nudge.nudge>

I saw it 2D but was wondering if there's anything particularly stand out that makes it worth seeing with the 3D glasses. Where are the glasses?!
    Crosshairs parachute scene stands out. Inside Lockdown's ship seems full on. Can't recall much else

Crosshairs parachute scene stands out. Inside Lockdown's ship seems full on. Can't recall much else
    When the rocket goes off in the barn/lab.
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.

I saw it 2D but was wondering if there's anything particularly stand out that makes it worth seeing with the 3D glasses.
    I too saw it in 2D, but during the scene with the humans on the wires in the sky, I assumed that had to be for the sake of 3D.

I'm not a massive fan of the whole 3D phenomenon, but this was easily the best 3D cinema movie I have seen.
    TF Figs of 2023:
    1) WnR Springer
    2) Legacy Bludgeon
    3) Legacy Leo Prime/Nemesis Leo Prime.

I watched it the other night and enjoyed it for what it is.

What really amazes me is how many TF fans continue to watch Michael Bays TF movies and tear them apart and say what rubbish they are ?!?!. Are you expecting something to change after all his other movies? Clearly if you disliked his past efforts then you almost certainly wouldn't like this so why go and see it? To be able to complain? Makes no sense to me as an adult.

Anyway yes there were cringe moments but I thought Lockdown was brilliant and the new human cast was an improvement. Would have loved to have seen more of the Dino's but I am sure I will in the next one with Galvatrons rise.

As a Bay TF movie I would say 7.5/10
    As an academy award nomination it would be 1/10