View Poll Results: TF4 Movie (AOE) - worth watching?

Voters
101. You may not vote on this poll
  • excellent, must see

25 24.75%
  • good, see if you can

33 32.67%
  • average

20 19.80%
  • disappointing, avoid it

23 22.77%
Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3131819202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Movie Review - Transformers 4 : Age Of Extinction (spoilers)

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post

Smart arse
    Haters gonna hate.

I don't really care if you've said positives or negatives or both or neither in regards to the movie. It's your opinion of the flick and you are entitled to it. I've said negatives about the flick myself. What's given me the irrits is that many times someone in this looong thread has said even a simple sentence like that they quite liked the movie others have been jumped up and down on them as if how dare they hold that opinion. The discussion should be kept to people communicating what their personal opinions of the movie were, especially since this is a review thread. Not telling others that their reviews and opinions are flawed or that how they chose to percieve the movie was in error. Debate is fine, even encouraged, but it's been going a lot further than that and that's what I have a problem with.

Simple rule for all - review the movie - not others opinions of it. Makes for a happy online chatting space

Anyway - I'm out! Lest I end up writing more about about how people treated others opinions than I wrote about the movie itself, thus becoming a total hypocryte
    Last edited by BigTransformerTrev; 17th July 2014 at 11:03 AM.

And for my next post, I'm gonna quote - THE INTERNET!
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    And for my next post, I'm gonna quote - THE INTERNET!

Sometimes i'm reminded of my high school English classes whenever a new movie comes out and it gets dissected. I mean, they'd get you to read some book that, in premise, you have absolutely no interest in whatsoever. But it's "well written" and you have to analyse it to the nth degree and try and figure out all the justifications for whatever the author wrote. Even if you may have enjoyed it otherwise, going doing this route of over-analysis ruins every bit of enjoyment you could have gotten. Sure you might find *something* that you think "oh that's clever!" and some enjoyment can come from that. But more often than not you end up tearing it to shreds and forgetting that it's supposed to be something you do to relax and enjoy on a pretty basic level.

The same applies to movies, and i think it only gets worse as you get older and more able to analyse and understand why or why not something was made the way it was. As a kid, i'm pretty sure i enjoyed every movie i ever saw. Recently i caught some Police Academy movies on TV for instance - i fricken loved those movies to death as a kid! But there is no argument that they are for the most part pretty damn lame and devoid of humour (someone's going to say "well no, Michael Winslow!" - and they'd be right . But as an adult, trying to enjoy those movies is almost impossible. Somehow back then, 7 of the damn things were made! Or even worse movies, like the Nightmare on Elm St or Friday the 13th movies with what, 9 or 10 entries? How did that ever happen!?

But even in terms of blockbusters - i recently watched the Jurassic Park trilogy again and really... they're not that great either. You have plot holes like why the hell can't the T-Rex just smell the damn humans 2 inches from his face? (someone's going to tell me T-Rex can't smell now aren't they). The very premise that humans could at all survive rampaging dinosaurs is pretty much ludicrous, let alone kids for gods sake! But as a child, damn if i didn't just think 'holy shit, dinosaurs! best damn movie i ever saw!' and that was the end of it. And i bet as a kid, i never thought "couldn't that Pterodactyl just fly to the mainland" at the conclusion of Lost World either! What is he, Superman?

I think at the end of the day we could all do well to try and regain a little childhood innocence when watching movies these days. Some movies set out to be more than that, and it's great if they deliver completely coherent results, but at the end of the day, they're just movies and aren't going to change your life no matter the significance of any hidden meanings or quality of film-making. So it's ok that not every movie is a flawless masterpiece in that sense, and maybe they are in another - like how Transformers is almost the pinnacle of CG these days; that is an achievement in itself. There's extraordinary creativity and skill that goes into that and it deserves to be respected.

The most recent examples i can think of 'great movies' that i frankly couldn't give a damn about are Life of Pi and Slumdog Millionaire. Incredibly well made movies but hell, i'd rather just watch robots beat the shit out of each other in my free time.

You know what annoys me more? Sharknado is rated 82% compared to AOE at 17% at Rottentomatoes! WTF
    And 47 Ronan is 12% and I thought that was a great movie like AOE.

P.S .....I don't normally look at reviews/ratings for movies.

Any movie with Keanu Reeves is automatically on a new scale with the only rating being "Whoa". Except The Lakehouse, though it gets some points for being about time travel.

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    Sometimes i'm reminded of my high school English classes whenever a new movie comes out and it gets dissected. I mean, they'd get you to read some book that, in premise, you have absolutely no interest in whatsoever. But it's "well written" and you have to analyse it to the nth degree and try and figure out all the justifications for whatever the author wrote. Even if you may have enjoyed it otherwise, going doing this route of over-analysis ruins every bit of enjoyment you could have gotten. Sure you might find *something* that you think "oh that's clever!" and some enjoyment can come from that. But more often than not you end up tearing it to shreds and forgetting that it's supposed to be something you do to relax and enjoy on a pretty basic level.
    I think I have only seen one person here try to dissect the movie. Otherwise people are pretty much giving broad perceptions of how they feel about it regardless of what that may be.

I went and watched the movie today and i actually enjoyed it! So happy that they changed the human characters! Sam in the previous 3 movies really annoyed me and is the main reason why i didn't like them. Only real complaint is that the Dinobots could of had more movie time!

On a positive note, i took my 6 month old to the movie, i went to the bub session, and when he was awake during the movie, he actually liked it!