View Poll Results: TF4 Movie (AOE) - worth watching?

Voters
101. You may not vote on this poll
  • excellent, must see

25 24.75%
  • good, see if you can

33 32.67%
  • average

20 19.80%
  • disappointing, avoid it

23 22.77%
Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst ... 23456789101525 ... LastLast

Thread: Movie Review - Transformers 4 : Age Of Extinction (spoilers)

Why does Lockdown have a huge vacuum thing in the bottom of his spaceship and why does he turn it on so early and just float around the city?
    That one is actually explained in the film. His ship is one of the "creators" ships that he's claimed for his own. In the flashbacks we see the creators used their seeds to create cybertronium and collect it by sucking it up into their ships.

I actually though Galvatron was great. We now have a great villain once again for TF5.
    Drift was very annoying.
    And where was Bumblebees dance scene? Was it cut out?
    Please no more silly spaceships.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    This just goes to show that Bay still has little idea of how to direct a good movie.
    I don't know about that, he surely likes to direct films with plot-holes so big the movie themselves become black holes, but in his favour those black-holes suck in so much money in the box office

From a storytelling point I find his movies can be irritating but from a directing/visual standpoint he's crafted some amazing cinematography that goes to show how much the cast and crew are willing to put in to make some great shots/scenes. To me Bay has a way of making films that have a drug-like effect on the eyes, it's almost hypnotic that it helps push escapism into the viewing experience.

His movies still seemed like a car commercial montage, with explosions as puntuations. Still enjoyed it like a triple choc sundea on frozen vodka.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptormesh View Post
    Still enjoyed it like a triple choc sundea on frozen vodka.
    Must try that someday, sounds dangerously delicious!

love the action scene and sfx are top notch .. But the product placement was just extremely bad... I don't mind subtle placement of item in the background etc , but when the main character go out of the way to promote it is just ridiculous

When they were driving in the desert and meeting up , I really thought that were going to go into a secret base inside a mountain like transformer prime style.!! hiding out from the satellite .... but instead they were just camped out...

Quote Originally Posted by lancalot View Post
    But the product placement was just extremely bad... I don't mind subtle placement of item in the background etc , but when the main character go out of the way to promote it is just ridiculous
    What product placement? Though now I feel like buying some Bud Light, Victoria's Secret Underwear and Oreos

So a few friends of mine saw it who love transformers, came out of it absolutely hating it. Nothing but ragging on it all night. They did the same with the previous three. And after each one always say how they won't go back to see another.

What I don't get though is, if you don't like something. If it be Bay, plot holes, problems with the actors, the transformations. What ever it be. Why even go see it? I never understand why movie after movie some people just find it rubbish, yet somehow go back every time.

This post isn't directed at anyone, or me attempting to be rude to people. So I'm sorry if it comes across that way

Quote Originally Posted by Mythirax View Post
    So a few friends of mine saw it who love transformers, came out of it absolutely hating it. Nothing but ragging on it all night. They did the same with the previous three. And after each one always say how they won't go back to see another.

What I don't get though is, if you don't like something. If it be Bay, plot holes, problems with the actors, the transformations. What ever it be. Why even go see it? I never understand why movie after movie some people just find it rubbish, yet somehow go back every time.

This post isn't directed at anyone, or me attempting to be rude to people. So I'm sorry if it comes across that way
    Your friends are either masochists or have a love-hate relationship with Michael Bay they don't want to divulge to you. OR BOTH! XD