Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SPRINGER

Exclamation SPRINGER

Hi All

I've got one of the photos shown below. Before i open it, just wanted to know if there is a better looking springer out there? I got this as a present but would rather get rid of it if there is a better looking G1 Accurate springer...

I like to think "its pointless thinking about how much it costs if you really want it"....

Quote Originally Posted by z3r03d View Post
    Hi All

I've got one of the photos shown below. Before i open it, just wanted to know if there is a better looking springer out there? I got this as a present but would rather get rid of it if there is a better looking G1 Accurate springer...

this one is my favourite. there's FP Defender and the original G1 toy that are triple changers and thats about it.

The only other contender for a modern incarnation of Springer is Warbot Defender.

Generations Springer is nicer to look at with his brighter colours but if you want something that looks more G1, I think Defender is the way to go (if you don't mind spending more than $150). It just retains more of that armored bulk I associate with G1 Springer.
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.

Personally I went for the Generations Springer. I like the IDW Comics look and even though FansProject Warbot Defender is a great figure, it's a little small for my liking and apparently a couple joints get really loose. From what I've seen of the scale you're going for with your displays, Warbot Defender would probably suit you well. He scales well with the Maniaking and deluxe seekers you use.

I've got a Warbot Defender for sale in my sales thread, MISB, with a bonus set of Reprolabels (designed specifically for this figure) to make him a lot more G1, all for $70 excluding shipping. I'm selling it at a loss as since Generations Springer came out, the interest in Defender has dropped significantly. To be fair, Defender is not without its faults, there can be balance and looseness issues, he's a tad short, and the Generations toy is pretty fantastic, even if it a little slender for the character.
    I have both figures on display and like them both.

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

Quote Originally Posted by z3r03d View Post
    ...I got this as a present but would rather get rid of it if there is a better looking G1 Accurate springer...

Wow.. Just wow!
    Talk about being grateful.

Talking

Thanks for the photo Cbatron... I didn't know what he was called. (all i knew was springer)

Quote Originally Posted by M-bot View Post
    I've got a Warbot Defender for sale in my sales thread, MISB, with a bonus set of Reprolabels (designed specifically for this figure) to make him a lot more G1, all for $70 excluding shipping. I'm selling it at a loss as since Generations Springer came out, the interest in Defender has dropped significantly. To be fair, Defender is not without its faults, there can be balance and looseness issues, he's a tad short, and the Generations toy is pretty fantastic, even if it a little slender for the character.
    I have both figures on display and like them both.
    Thanks for the info M-Bot, at this point im not sure whether i want a short bot but will think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon Sexton View Post
    Personally I went for the Generations Springer. I like the IDW Comics look and even though FansProject Warbot Defender is a great figure, it's a little small for my liking and apparently a couple joints get really loose. From what I've seen of the scale you're going for with your displays, Warbot Defender would probably suit you well. He scales well with the Maniaking and deluxe seekers you use.
    ah thanks Oberon Sexton... wasn't sure how big in scale that warbot was. thanks for the info. just curious, is he smaller than generation kup?

may start looking into warbot defender issues and see if the pro outweighs the cons and consider him on my voyager class shelf...

Quote Originally Posted by VGMStudios View Post
    Wow.. Just wow!
    Talk about being grateful.
    ha! long story short, it was a peace offering present from the wife. was at work and she bought me the wrong MP-12. she got me the black one but i wanted the RED. now stuck with black one which is not so bad.

so a few days later she bought me that springer as she knew i wanted one. that was 3 months ago and was planning on opening him last night but just wanted to know if there is a better springer out there.

by the sounds of things generation Springer is good so I will open him up and place him on my Masterpiece shelf.
    I like to think "its pointless thinking about how much it costs if you really want it"....

Ahh! I that makes more sense. Thanks for explaining.
    From the way you 1st worded it, it sounded like...well you know..

I will agree he is a wonderful figure. Wish they were all this good.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon Sexton View Post
    Yeah, Defender does look a lot better in group shots than the Generations Hasbro one. Nevertheless, it was a great effort by Hasbro (for once )