Page 29 of 40 FirstFirst ... 919242526272829303132333439 ... LastLast

Thread: MP Ultra Magnus Official Pics

thanks for the translation Gok.

also *resurrected*

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Ultra Magnus does not come with a Matrix. The instructions say that you need use MP10's.

Alright, I just spent most of my morning translating MP22's bio. Here is the original Japanese version:

And here is my translation. Enjoy.

Ultra Magnus toured the ravaged areas of Cybertron, as a Stampbot Ultra Magnus marked his army's emblem in his role as an administrative official. A magnificent warrior, Ultra Magnus was assigned to Earth where he took command of the Scramble City project, which saw the completion of the wonderous giant city robot, Metroplex. Afterwards, Optimus Prime appointed Ultra Magnus as the next commander, but for whatever reason, Ultra Magnus was not chosen by the Matrix. Ultra Magnus acted as an interim commander until he handed command over to the one who had been chosen by the Matrix, Rodimus Prime. From then on, Ultra Magnus used his experience to support the young commander. Ultra Magnus was given the authority to command, but he did not feel that he had the ability to do so, acknowledging that he was just a soldier. For this reason, Ultra Magnus was supportive, always around to listen to the complaints of a worried Rodimus Prime. Seeing Rodimus Prime's talents, Ultra Magnus became respectful and loyal towards him. In his later years, Ultra Magnus, along with Metroplex whom he'd constructed, charged himself with defending Earth, which he loved and died for. His body was buried in the Earth's ocean. However, many decades later, a ressurected Optimus Prime used the Matrix to rebuild Ultra Magnus. Returning as Laser Ultra Magnus, he stood against threats from across the galaxy. Ultra Magnus' motto is, "Fairness is victory." Possessing a just and seriously strong will, Ultra Magnus is a heroic warrior who is beyond reproach and is willing to sacrifice himself for others. Respected by his enemy, Cyclonus, and adored by his fellow Autobots. While lacking in humour, Ultra Magnus is a Transformer who abounds in excellence.
    What is a "Stampbot"

And wouldn't Cyclonus be more accuratley described as his Nemesis instead of enemy? Technically all Decepticons are his enemy.

But great job!
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Not worried about the matrix, but about whether he was worthy , Optimus did said " nor was I ".

I think Magnus is good enough. Will see him next year I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    Not worried about the matrix, but about whether he was worthy , Optimus did said " nor was I ".

I think Magnus is good enough. Will see him next year I guess.
    Prime never felt he was worthy but he was chosen, Magnus was neither worthy or chosen.

Quote Originally Posted by Blastwave View Post
    Prime never felt he was worthy but he was chosen, Magnus was neither worthy or chosen.
    Pretty sure he was chosen by Prime.

Not arguing that he was not able to open the matrix.
    Last edited by drifand; 24th December 2014 at 10:37 PM.

Pretty sure he was chosen by Prime.
    That's completely irrelevant, it's who the Matrix chooses not Prime.

Quote Originally Posted by FruitBuyer View Post
    That's completely irrelevant, it's who the Matrix chooses not Prime.
    Well it kinds of contradicts, because prime is wise and has been with the matrix, and he chooses who to take the leadership. So technically you be saying prime has poor judgement. As he chose Magnus to lead and hold the matrix it is relevant as he did not expect hot rod to lead.

You cannot say Magnus was not at all worthy or he wouldn't be carrying it for the autobots regardless the matrix chooses to open.

Arguably, it was just not the darkest hour.

I am not going into this debate. Yes he can't open the matrix, I will stop there.

Well it kinds of contradicts, because prime is wise and has been with the matrix, and he chooses who to take the leadership. So technically you be saying prime has poor judgement. As he chose Magnus to lead and hold the matrix it is relevant as he did not expect hot rod to lead.

You cannot say Magnus was not at all worthy or he wouldn't be carrying it for the autobots regardless the matrix chooses to open.

Arguably, it was just not the darkest hour.

I am not going into this debate. Yes he can't open the matrix, I will stop there.

If it going to the technical base then I say it out now, if he is totally not worthy why even bother to make the toy to fit the matrix.

Not debating whether a matrix is included or not. Just pointing out he was worth carrying it.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Ultra Magnus toured the ravaged areas of Cybertron, as a Stampbot Ultra Magnus marked his army's emblem in his role as an administrative official. A magnificent warrior, Ultra Magnus was assigned to Earth where he took command of the Scramble City project, which saw the completion of the wonderous giant city robot, Metroplex. Afterwards, Optimus Prime appointed Ultra Magnus as the next commander, but for whatever reason, Ultra Magnus was not chosen by the Matrix. Ultra Magnus acted as an interim commander until he handed command over to the one who had been chosen by the Matrix, Rodimus Prime. From then on, Ultra Magnus used his experience to support the young commander. Ultra Magnus was given the authority to command, but he did not feel that he had the ability to do so, acknowledging that he was just a soldier. For this reason, Ultra Magnus was supportive, always around to listen to the complaints of a worried Rodimus Prime. Seeing Rodimus Prime's talents, Ultra Magnus became respectful and loyal towards him. In his later years, Ultra Magnus, along with Metroplex whom he'd constructed, charged himself with defending Earth, which he loved and died for. His body was buried in the Earth's ocean. However, many decades later, a ressurected Optimus Prime used the Matrix to rebuild Ultra Magnus. Returning as Laser Ultra Magnus, he stood against threats from across the galaxy. Ultra Magnus' motto is, "Fairness is victory." Possessing a just and seriously strong will, Ultra Magnus is a heroic warrior who is beyond reproach and is willing to sacrifice himself for others. Respected by his enemy, Cyclonus, and adored by his fellow Autobots. While lacking in humour, Ultra Magnus is a Transformer who abounds in excellence.
    "Wondrous".

I caved and watched a video review on Magnus. I'm in love...

Kobayashi has certainly kept the overall design style in line with what Hasui had created, and added into his signature engineering ingenuity without over-complicating the transformation. The little twists and turns on the shoulders are a really nice touch.

This figure swept away all my doubts about Kobayashi taking over the MP line again. Look forward to what he has to offer in the future.