Page 4 of 40 FirstFirst ... 234567891424 ... LastLast

Thread: MP Ultra Magnus Official Pics

He's got quite a sexy crotch and thigh area.......... Did I just say that?

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Who here feels this guy is too tall? and who here feels this is correct scaling?

Is still a nice figure for me.

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    Who here feels this guy is too tall? and who here feels this is correct scaling?

Is still a nice figure for me.
    It's the same as the G1 toy. It's impossible to make a Masterpiece Ultra Magnus with the ability to carry four MP scale cars and still have it be a close approximation to Optimus Prime in robot mode.

What a behemoth!

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    yup there goes your combiners dream if everything needs to be in scale.
    If relative scale wasn't intended to be an issue in the MP line then why not make bumblebee or sideswipe as tall as MP Prime?

Nice try though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    It's the same as the G1 toy. It's impossible to make a Masterpiece Ultra Magnus with the ability to carry four MP scale cars and still have it be a close approximation to Optimus Prime in robot mode.
    My issue isn't with prime. It's with the dinobots. I understand that MP8 was before the "new scaling". I'm just disappointed that he's "that" much taller than grimlock, even with FT's "shoes". It wasn't an expectation. Just would have been nice.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by ITZTRU View Post
    If relative scale wasn't intended to be an issue in the MP line then why not make bumblebee or sideswipe as tall as MP Prime?

Nice try though.
    Like said, if you are those who need to have scaled equivalent. The way I am reading the threads is like some are saying he is too big etc....

I only looking at opinions not judging anything. The figure looks fine for me.

Quote Originally Posted by twincobra View Post
    Wow that CS head looks ugly in comparison.
    It really does... especially when you see it next to a 'propper' Magnus head/face.

With my awesome paint shop pro skills:

Its like a before and after shot for a fat-burner supplement!

actually would like to see a pic of him from the back

I feel like if you combined a few aspects of each design you'd really have the ultimate Magnus.

KFC did a very good job (of their design at least) - mostly with the proportions, but lost it a bit in terms of pure G1 accuracy and definitely the face sculpt. I think if they had the same structure and transform, but used true G1 look instead of the CHUG aesthetic, it'd be pretty much perfect. Knowing that Takara would go pure G1 is probably exactly the reason they went with the approach they did though.

I really like how they handled his legs the most - the MP by comparison looks too City Commander-ish - like he's standing on platforms instead of having actual feet.

I do think the MP will be nicer in person than the pics let on though - like how MP10 Prime looked a bit gorilla-arms in his photos before release, but really doesn't look like that once you have him in hand.