Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Target Toy Sale 23 July - 6 August

Ugh. Currently waiting for an item I ordered on 18/7 to arrive at the selected store for click and collect pickup.

Despite the fact that they have 20 on shelf at the moment at that same store.

Target - time wasters, money wasters, and useless customer service.

Megatran Guest

Picked up the OP Grimlock 2-pack at Target Highpoint (Vic) on be way home. Plenty left if anyone interested. They had a large Transformers display stand at the entrance to the store for AoE toy line. Never noticed this before.

Very disappointed in their lego offerings. I know my local had a wider variety than what they have stocked now only a week ago.

Seems that they pulled all licensed sets that are not Star Wars pre sale. I was hoping for some of the "summer" movie, marvel and Star Wars sets. Ah well, at least it seems to be a fairly due sale across most lines, the Thomas and nerf items are lacklustre too.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

ordered the 2 pack OP/grimlock on Tues for home delivery, still waiting for dispatch!

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    Cancelled my layby & picked up the OP. & Grim two pack
    Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Went at 8am and grabbed the Big Grim/Optimus 2-pack for $45
    Quote Originally Posted by CHILENO20 View Post
    the only one that even interests me from Target is the Optimus/Grimlock pack & that's it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    Picked up the OP Grimlock 2-pack at Target Highpoint (Vic) on be way home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinkydarth View Post
    ordered the 2 pack OP/grimlock on Tues for home delivery, still waiting for dispatch!

Sounds like most folk went the Grimlock-Optimus 2-pack and ignored everything else. Lets hope that sends a message to the company about what they think about the rest of their products. Also that TRU follows their lead and puts their Grimlock 2-pack on sale at some point as well

Just had my first look at the catalogue. This has to be the worst toy sale this year. Nothing interests me what so ever. And those TMNT figures are vile.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Sounds like most folk went the Grimlock-Optimus 2-pack and ignored everything else. Lets hope that sends a message to the company about what they think about the rest of their products. Also that TRU follows their lead and puts their Grimlock 2-pack on sale at some point as well
    Yeah, there was stuff all else that interested me besides that & the basic TMNT figures.

And Trev, it's not much, but the Evolutions Grimlock pack is currently on sale for $79.99. $10 off.

http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=19011

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    Yeah, there was stuff all else that interested me besides that & the basic TMNT figures.

And Trev, it's not much, but the Evolutions Grimlock pack is currently on sale for $79.99. $10 off.

http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=19011
    Yeah I saw that on the TRU website today. But considering I already have Energon Grimlock and leader-class AoE Grimlock it would have to get cheaper than that for me to consider

Quote Originally Posted by Holdobot View Post
    This is not only possible but very easily achieved. Even Harvey Norman has a system that can, and does this. A staff member can see stock levels of a particular item at any Harvey Norman, Domayne, and, Joyce Mayne Australia Wide. Customers can even do that on their website! Then they can buy online and go to the store. This is from Gerry Harvey, who was, and is sceptical about internet shopping.

At the moment it isn't a big deal, however when Amazon comes and offers next or same day delivery to your door at a more than competitive price. Bricks and Mortar will be in big trouble. The internet needs bricks and mortar because customers want to feel and touch products. They also get expert advice, and often use that information to buy online. Bricks and mortar know this and internet only based business steal much of bricks and mortar's sales. Australian retail needs to lift their game so that when internet companies do target the market customers are already intern he'd into buying from them.

This is why Harvey Norman had to act, Kogan's took the electrical appliance industry by storm and took big money from bricks and mortar.

This is why click and collect is a winner with retail. Customers can order online, know that their product is there, conveniently pick it up from a local store, without the hassle of searching from retailer to retailer to find if a product is in stock. All this BEFORE an online order can arrive. It is the convenience of buying online without the wait. That is why it is so popular, and will save retail IF they do it RIGHT and EARLY.
    I've worked retail for the past eight years, so do spare me the explanation on how it works. As Sinnertwin pointed out, Target has way more item codes then Harvey norman or any of the other retailers you just mentioned. Go call target customer relations about an item and they will tell you the inventory listing is 48 hours behind real time data. This makes your idea of filling click and collects with in store stock very difficult, especially this time of year when stock is moving so rapidly in and out of stores.

To implement a click and collect system your talking about, the entire inventory system would need to be overhauled and changed to update in real time, you'd then need to change all the delivery procedures and how they're handled as well as get the staff on to fulfil these orders. As it stands there are days where there are only two people in the hardgoods section of a decent sized store (thats everything that isnt clothing) So you'd also have to look at finding the money to pay another person to put into this role on top of those who are already there trying to get their work done like usual. Everyones an expert until they're put in the position of trying to please everyone =]
    ~

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Metro View Post
    Just had my first look at the catalogue. This has to be the worst toy sale this year. Nothing interests me what so ever. And those TMNT figures are vile.
    you mean the Bay mutants? yeah... disgusting aren't they? Only one I had a fleeting interest when I saw it was Shredder... only because I like the bladed armour. But not enough to shell out for one. I prefer the Nickelodeon version, although it's been proving veeeeeeeeeery slow for new figures to show up locally.

Was flicking thru the catalogue they sent in the mail and well, not a very interesting line up of stuff on sale actually... except probably for that Samsung tablet ... boring IMO. Oh well', I think I shall still have a look see by tomorrow. Was on night shift when the sale started so been snoozing like a vampire the whole day today hahaha. I couldn't bear to stay awake after work so straight home and snoozed like the dead ....
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]