Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Is Star Wars Episodes 1, 2 and 3 worth watching?

I think the whole Boba Fett sub plot in Ep. 2 was a huge mistake.
    What everyone loved about Boba Fett was the mystery.
    Stripped away, he just becomes another spoiled brat.

The whole prequel thing was badly handled. It was an opportunity for Lucas to expand his 'universe'. Instead, everything seems to transpire on Tattoine (sp?), and with the same 4 or 5 characters whose fate we already know about.
    By Ep. 3, I was expecting young versions of Han & Lando!

Rant over! :P

Demonac: TP&E who started this thread hasn't seen the prequel trilogy yet, so please be careful with spoilers!

kurdt: I see where you're coming from, and I thought the same thing about Jake Lloyd too. Then I saw the audition footage on the DVD special features and saw the other runner up kids. Lloyd was hands-down the best of the lot. The thing is that when you're casting a child character you have all these kids auditioning, and I think that the majority of them are just really bad, so you're often stuck picking the best out of a lot of really poor kid actors. :/ So while I agree that Daniel Logan's acting isn't outstanding, without having seen any other audition tapes I can't tell if he was the best choice for the role out of the available candidates or not.

I want to see Clone Wars because the animation style interests me. Plus I haven't seen a SW film in a cinema before.

I saw Episode 3 while babysitting, and it was alright. I was pretty much MST3K'ing it throughout.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverDragon View Post
    I want to see Clone Wars because the animation style interests me.
    You won't be disappointed. I wanted to see it for the exact same reason.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

loved the Clone Wars (saw it with Legend yesterday night)... i thought the hutts don't wanna deal with the imperial/republic?

on a side note, be careful when booking online with greater union, my ticket was apparently picked up by another person with the same 4 and last 4 digits of the credit card!

Quote Originally Posted by SilverDragon View Post
    I want to see Clone Wars because the animation style interests me.
    Thats my main interest in the film, but I'll most likely wait for a DVD release, as none of my mates are Star Wars fans.

The wooden puppet look was an interesting choice, but it makes sense in terms of colour palettes and texturing, it allows for a very wide spectrum of choices for both.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by Saintly
    i thought the hutts don't wanna deal with the imperial/republic?
    Well I guess discovering that the Jedi had rescued Jabba's son convinced him to allow the Republic to have safe passage through the Hutts' space lanes. It doesn't mean that they'll be active allies of the Republic - after all, the Hutts are criminals - but it does mean that the Hutts have agreed to not harass or attack Republic forces as they move through their territories. And they pretty much have a similar understanding during the time of the Empire too - the Empire has no interest in claiming Tattooine (which makes it an ideal hiding ground for Luke and Kenobi). In the original trilogy we never see the Hutts and the Empire ever interfering with each other's business. The only time the Empire ever set foot on Tattooine is to search for the Death Star plans, and they absolutely steered clear of the Hutts' business. Jabba and his agents were able to freely move about Mos Eisley even though it was under Imperial lockdown.

one thing ive always wondered, c-3po can speak billions of languages because of the fact he's a protocol droid.. yet r2-d2 and all the other astromech droids only speak in beeps.. couldnt they just install the same langauge chip that c-3po and other protocol droids have into astromech droids, so they can still speak in beeps but also speak english/other languages to humans/other species? battle droids etc speak english... just a thought

This is kind of becoming the all Star Wars thread!!!

It's probably a good thing R2-D2 can't talk Basic or else he would have had his memory wiped like C-3P0 to keep the babies' secret.

ahh good point paulbot, didnt think of that..

so it was a plot device that george lucas thought of back in the 70s that would be applicable to the movies made in the 2000s.. haha.. perhaps perhaps