Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is Star Wars Episodes 1, 2 and 3 worth watching?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Is Star Wars Episodes 1, 2 and 3 worth watching?

Well I hope not to offend any die hard star war fans but...... I am old school in a lot of ways. To me you can’t go past episodes 4, 5 and 6. I have tried over the years to watch episodes 1-3 but just couldn’t get into it.

Is it worth the while hiring episodes 1-3 and watching them on a quite sat night to fully appreciate them? I’m in my early 30's and was wondering if anyone in my age bracket feels the same way.

They definitely lack the magic of 4,5 and 6 but they certainly help ease my curiosity for like so many i was always interested by Leia's reference to "The Clone Wars".
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

TheDirtyDigger Guest

I didn't really appreciate 1 so much until I saw 2.
    I really loved 2 and 3. I'm the same age as you Punish and I would say definitely do the quiet Sat night thing.

Hell yes!! Episodes 1, 2 and 3 complete the Saga and you can appreciate the original trilogy more. The fact is that the Star Wars saga is not really the story of Luke Skywalker - it is more accurate the tragedy of Anakin Skywalker. Even the original trilogy climaxes with the return of Anakin Skywalker (when he returned to the light and saved Luke from the Emperor). The prequels establishes the history of Anakin Skywalker - how he became a powerful Jedi and his fall to the Dark Side as Darth Vader. Episode III is my favourite of all the Star Wars movies. (^_^)

Anyway, here are some movie trailers to give you an idea of what to expect from these movies...
    Episode I: The Phantom Menace
    Episode II: Attack of the Clones
    Episode "2.5": The Clone Wars (check your local cinema for session times)
    Episode III: Revenge of the Sith

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

You haven't already seen 'em?!

If I were you, Yeah I'd watch them.

IMO, Ep. 3 definitely is the best one.

Liam Neeson was the saving grace for Episode 1, while episodes 2 and 3 were good, but terrible acting from Hayden Christiansen and poor (in comparison to anything else she has been in) Natalie Portman do tend to stick in the memory far longer than any scene from either of the actual movies.

The next to last scene of #3 will always be remembered by me as one of the cheesiest voice work ever.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

TheDirtyDigger Guest

A funny thing IMO now, if you were watching the entire saga in order, would be the difference in the fight scene between Obi Wan and Anakin from Ep3 to the fight scene between 'Old Ben' and Darth.
    It'd be like 'wow those guys really slowed down in their old age' sorta thing. You know what I mean! It's just not as funny to explain it all.

They lack the feel of the original trilogy because the designs of the vehicles are inspired more thon inspiring. The only time I felt l was looking at something new was during the pod race scene. Chiang, Zu and Church are great concept designers but they can't hold a candle to McQuarrie. Even the design of the characters and the storylines are banal by comparison.

Thy also have the whole 'political' thing going on which tends to slow the stories down too.

They are worth watching but don't get your hopes up.
    Which brings us to where we are today...

1 not so much (the podrace scene messes with the flow) but I loved 2 & 3. That's my 2c.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

A little to the left... a little bit more...

I consider myself a die-hard fan... but I actually cringe when I watch them! Bartrim is right - there's no "magic" in these films.

Episode 3 is definately the best out of all of them... but I'd prefer to watch Return of the Jedi instead! (Which is saying something!)