Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Trading Card Discussion Thread

Is anyone here a magic player/collector?

I've got a cousin who has requested nothing but Magic cards for his 18th and while I know what the game is, all the various sets are confounding me. any help with here to begin or get dirt cheap cards would be appreciated!
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by KalEl View Post
    Kazza i Have a heap of the newer ones, bunch on rare foils too. Let me know what youre after
    Hey KalEl, how many cards roughly do you have? Throw me a price tag and I'll let you know if I'm willing to pay that amount.

Anyone collecting the new woolworths cards that you slide through the speaker and it makes a sound?

Quote Originally Posted by Autocon View Post
    Anyone collecting the new woolworths cards that you slide through the speaker and it makes a sound?
    Yeah, my kids.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Hey guys,

Wow I Skipped over this thread the other week, I just looked at a few of your collections guys and It was like someone slapped me with the last 20 years of my life!

My hidious obsession with collecting cards 1993 with the Power rangers & Simpsons cards.
    I had 2 comic books given to me for my birthday they both had one single card in each comic... I then learnt of the store "card mania" in Geelong which has since become a larger entity - Popcultcha.

Some have been sold on some are in a box hiding,
    -The simpsons skybox sets of series 1 & 2
    - Power rangers Series 1 & 2 & Movie sets with all "inserts"
    - Skeleton warriors cards didn't end up with many of these
    - X-men... I cant remember the sets but the art work was awesome.
    - Jurassic Park
    - Goosebumps cards the little ones and fullsized ones
    - Garbage gang kids I think these were mainly stickers
    - Oddbods both original set & space set (had almost full first set of "Hot" cards that you heated up by rubbing the areas to reveal hidden stuff)
    - Toxic crusader cards
    - Teenage mutant hero turtles (these were UK based) sent over by my grand parents.
    - Casper
    - Ren & Stimpy 1st & 2nd series.
    - Beavis & Butt Head - had all the scratch and sniffs... just awful.
    - Pokemon I had lots of these way to many stopped collecting around the team rocket sets? I think was the set I gave up
    - Dragon Ballz tcg Started with Saiyan saga finished in the GT sets.
    - The dragon ball tazo or cap things from chips still have loads of these!

And finally World of Warcraft cards...I have Lots of these in there thousands I would say, I have these currently up on another website trying to sell them. I got hooked on these when I first started playing WoW and a friend of mine said hey if you buy the cards you can find special "loot Cards" that give you special in game items... Sweet I thought 3 years later I probably Blew thousands on these friggin cards, and rarely ever saw a loot card ha ha! I think in total I saw 15 - 20 loot cards none were an epic mount or anything super cool, I still have 12 of the loot cards I did seem to find that I never scratched to use up. If anyones interested in WoW cards let me know I may be able to help ha ha!

http://imageshack.com/a/img912/2665/akYk8k.jpg
    http://imageshack.com/a/img674/6932/4qzYVv.jpg
    http://imageshack.com/a/img540/4764/otfPZ9.jpg

Hope to see more of your collections up guys, its also great to see I wasnt the only one with this awful habbit :P

Kindest regards,
    Mike.

Megatran Guest

Anyone collecting DOTM trading cards?

I got 'em as freebies from RK. Missing about 60-odd cards (approx 25%) to complete the collection. Plenty of spares to trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    Anyone collecting DOTM trading cards?

I got 'em as freebies from RK. Missing about 60-odd cards (approx 25%) to complete the collection. Plenty of spares to trade.
    I have not gotten around to that one myself yet.. that or RotF. I will get around to it one day tho.
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

Slowly I have been Building on my GotG Collection so since I have a nice bunch of sketches I have posted a bloggy post on them to show them off

My Guardians of the Galaxy Collection

Thanks for looking
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

cool thread! i think the last few years of primary school and first couple of high school for me were prime card collecting years but i never went totally gangbusters in it and i don't think i ever finished a set.

94 and 95 xmen were probably the closest, i think i had about 80 to 90% complete of those and I've still got them in a folder somewhere. I went to one of those fair things at a racecourse last year I think and saw some so I might finish them one day.

I dabbled in sports a little bit with some afl ones but not much. basketball was bigger, I was into upper deck but I think there was about 1300 cards in a set or something stupid like that. I managed to get one michael jordan card at some point and it was worth about $50 or something back then which sounded huge to me haha. even got some baseball ones at some point for some reason and one of them was a rookie card of an aussie guy playing over in america and a family friend who was into playing and coaching knew the person and got him to sign it for me so that was cool.

other ones I remember getting were for movies around at the time I liked: disney's aladdin, dick tracy, TMNT the movie yes with the bubblegum haha. I don't think I got many cartoon TMNT ones. Also down the track some star wars ones, they were 'widescreen' slightly larger cards or something.

I don't remember ever seeing any transformers ones though...

When pog and tazos came around I think I was getting over it but I do remember seeing them at school and yes there was one kid who had a backpack full of them pinched and then they got banned