Thread: Perceptor

Red face Perceptor

hmm... been searching for a while.... whats a good one to get?
    I like to think "its pointless thinking about how much it costs if you really want it"....

From memory, the best (and possibly only) third party Perceptor is Keith's Fantasy Club (KFC) Mugen Scope. I haven't gotten around to getting one though as I've already got the RTS Perceptor, even though it's not that great of a figure.

One thing about KFC, the plastic feels fairly cheap compared to other 3rd party stuff. RTS Perceptor is not so bad, just wish his backpack would lock-in better.

I can't recommend Mugen Scope. It's alt modes are rubbish and articulated arm holding the microscope is badly designed. It has the tiniest ball joint on an L-shaped bar I've shown in the photo (Actually the photo shows Mugen Vox, the Soundwave repaint of the mold). The swivel above it is firm enough that pops the ball joint and L-bar is developing stress marks.

In robot mode it looks okay but won't match the aesthetic of anything in your collection.

Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.

Quote Originally Posted by z3r03d View Post
    hmm... been searching for a while.... whats a good one to get?
    G1 Reissue

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    One thing about KFC, the plastic feels fairly cheap compared to other 3rd party stuff. RTS Perceptor is not so bad, just wish his backpack would lock-in better.
    +1 , its those damn shoulders that just hangs there as well that bugs me of the figure, but yeah if the backpack locks in place (they should've used a bigger ,better tabbing system) then it's a good enough figure for me.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]