8 57.14%
  • Cliffjumper Yellow

1 7.14%
  • Hubcap

5 35.71%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who the bloody hell are you?

Quote Originally Posted by sideswipes brother View Post
    CRAP!!! I really had no idea that 1080p was THAT much of an improvement!!
    I needs me a new tele yes i do!
    Wow so do I. I'm going to put it down to being none of the above. To me its clearly obvious - Bumblebee was cloned while inside Unicron and that is his clone who's helmet fell off when he was picked up by the claw

Quote Originally Posted by sideswipes brother View Post
    CRAP!!! I really had no idea that 1080p was THAT much of an improvement!!
    I needs me a new tele yes i do!
    Yeah 1080p is that much of an improvement. I don't know why people are still buying DVD's and saying it's just as good as Blu-ray. SD, aka 480p, aka what DVD uses is nowhere near as clear as the 1080p of Blu-ray.

I'm getting a Samsung 55HU9000 next week. It includes GI Joe Retaliation in UHD, aka 4k, aka 2160p. I really hope Samsung makes AOE available in UHD for the TV also.

And if anyone is thinking what comes after UHD, well you could get a 8k or 4320p TV like the Japanese want to push on everyone. But the human eye can't distinguish that much resolution unless you are sitting really close to the TV.Like a meter away from a 60" screen.

Hubcap (and cartoon colours aren't always identical to toy colours).

I'm always more concerned about Beachcomber being dropped into the vat while Daniel's still trying to figure out the Exosuit's weapons.

And surely it would be have been nice of Arcee or Blurr to tell Daniel that the suit had weapons when he was attacked by Decepticons on the planet of Junk.

The same character apears on earth during the first battle he fights along side perceptor it's between the 17th and 18th minutes of the movie just before optima prime arrives. This character can be seem full body and face in this scene and it can't be bumblebee cos he's on moon base 2

Quote Originally Posted by speros View Post
    The same character apears on earth during the first battle he fights along side perceptor it's between the 17th and 18th minutes of the movie just before optima prime arrives. This character can be seem full body and face in this scene and it can't be bumblebee cos he's on moon base 2
    The movie isn't the best example of continuity. Just think of all the characters that pop up when in theory they're mean to be elsewhere

Quote Originally Posted by speros View Post
    Are you thinking of Grapple (or maybe Hauler) that you can see here: http://tfwiki.net/wiki/File:BattleAutobotCity.jpg

There should be an 'other' option. But of those options, Hubcap is the only one that makes sense.

It's none of them - plain and simple. It's pure laziness on the part of the people drawing and colouring this animated movie.

There is no way the animators would have gotten any of the following instructions:

"We need a bunch of robots to fall into a vat of acid. Make sure one of them is:

A: A yellow version of Cliffjumper because a toy like that was made once"

B: A yellow toy we made but was never named or mass-produced"

C: We are making a new toy called Hubcap. We want this character to die in the new movie in the background with no dialogue"

Just like it wasn't Ratchet or Ironhide falling into the acid pit - just similar looking robots because for the animators (who were probably paid peanuts and didn't give a rats about the very young TF mythos) those models already existed, so too this is just a Bumblebee lookalike, a similar looking robot used because the model was already there and they needed a bunch of nameless robots to fall to their deaths.

To really think and believe that the powers that made this movie would have bothered to pass on instructions that a random background bot falling into a acid pit needed and should be based on either one of two very obscure toys or a brand new character that they would plan on selling is taking fanboy scrutiny to a genuinely scary level. Maybe if they made an animated movie now it might be possible since the franchise is 30 years old with a gigantic fanbase full of adults, but back then? No freakin way.

No one seriously thinks that's an intentional inclusion of a recolour or new toy, or anything but filler animation; it's just an attempt at creating some fanon.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    No one seriously thinks that's an intentional inclusion of a recolour or new toy, or anything but filler animation; it's just an attempt at creating some fanon.
    Oh, ok. I didn't see that mentioned in the initial thread post or alluded to in the poll so took it at face value. Fair enough. In that case if there is no real answer change my answer to like Sharkys - 'carefactor zero'.