I just got a Samsung UHD TV (UHD is 4x the resolution of 1080p, 2x vertical and 2x horizontal for those that don't keep up with this stuff.) and I'm running the UHD AOE trailer over and over looking at it. It has clips from all 4 movies. The AOE footage only shows humans and excerpts from the Lockdown ganfaces Prime scene. The human stuff and background plates look good, the CGI looks like it might have been from a early version and doesn't quite look real. The rest of the clips from the first 3 movies look good also but a little softer.

I remember Bay shot DOTM in 1080p 3D, so I'm guessing thats going to be the best resolution we ever get out of that movie (barring a crappy upscaled version). And AOE was shot in IMAX so it should get a UHD version no problem as IMAX is much higher res.

I'm wondering what do we know about the resolutions that the first 2 Transformers movies were shot in?

I'm hoping TF1 and ROTF were shot on film so we get a UHD version thats not a crappy upscale of them. But ILM would have to probably re-render the CGI and visual effects anyway as the industry standard is still 1080p because computer hardware is not fast enough to render out UHD in a timely manner yet.