Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: hello

Default hello

hey all,

so ive been a member here for some time now but only really looked and never got involved, so i thought id get a bit more involved and start posting..

so about me, im 21, at uni in melb, loved transformers ever since G1 was on tv when i was 6 or so, still have a VHS of episodes i taped, always been relatively interested in transformers fiction over the years, ie all the cartoons and comics, but lost interest in the toys after beast wars as i was growing up and all my friends stopped playing with toys so i did too... but with the movie coming out last year i noticed how far the toys had come in terms of articulation and design etc, and ive started collecting them again..

im by no means a completist, and only get toys whose character i like, or like the toy of, or can find cheap enough.. mainly interested in the fiction side of transformers, cartoons, comics and movies, but got a handy little collection going now..

only thing is that getting interested in the toys again has got me interested in marvel legends, dc superheroes, star wars toys, and now lego again, so its an expensive hobby but fun...

wow i wrote a little essay, meh, yeah so hey everyone

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

Hey Mate!

Welcome to the asylum...

Not another Melbournalien?! Doh!

hey jacksplatt11,
    +1 to Melbournians!! the world is not enough
    hope to catch you around...

TheDirtyDigger Guest

Hey Jack. Welcome!

The fiction side of Tf's is great. Personally loving the IDW-verse comics at the moment. Really can't get enough.

Hey there and welcome to the forum.

I am also more interested in the lore and mythology of the Transformers (I always love a good story) than the actual toys themselves, and only collect a small portion of them (mostly the Classics/Henkei line). But I think Masterpiece Prime is awesome.

welcome victorian!

hope to see more of your contributions

yeah im a melbournian, originally from the country but came here last year for uni and most of my friends are living here now so im in melb 90% of the year... plus melb is the best city in the world so...

dirtydigger, im loving it too, just read devestation and it was good, bit lost though because i havnt read stormbringer or escalation, ive only read a handful of spotlights so need to catch up on some parts.. only problem is ive got crisis on infinite earths TPB, dark knight returns TPB, man of steel 1 TPB, classic transformers vol1 TPB and hellsing manga 1 to read before i buy more transformers comics..

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Bah-weep-Graaaaagnah wheep ni ni bong!

Nuthin' beats Marvel G1.

I've been reading Hellsing manga too. Btw I hope you're not like some other people who mispronounce Alucard's name as "A-Loo-Card." It's actually pronounced "Aah-card" (アーカード) - basically the lu is silent.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Btw I hope you're not like some other people who mispronounce Alucard's name as "A-Loo-Card." It's actually pronounced "Aah-card" (アーカード) - basically the lu is silent.
    ahh to be honest i dont know how i pronounce it, none of my friends like anime or manga so i dont think its ever come up in conversation with anyone... i woulda said a-loo-card though haha...