Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Release date for AOE Blu-ray and DVD

Jb Hi Fi have the 4 movie collections listed for
    DVD $68.98:https://www.jbhifi.com.au/movies-tv-...ection/637749/

Blu-ray $86.98:https://www.jbhifi.com.au/movies-tv-...ection/637753/

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Bay obviously used two different camera systems shooting the film, thats bad enough, but then the Blu-ray director couldn't make up his/her mind which aspect ratio to use for the Blu-ray so it just keeps switching each time they switch camera.

This particular release of AOE has to be the worst Transformers movie ever.
    Yeah, I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to call you out for not knowing what you're talking about, or at the very least, not explaining your gripe very well.

They shot a tonne of the scenes in Imax so that it is more immersive in certain scenes. The 3D blu-ray retains that (much like the Walmart "Big Screen Edition" of ROTF did). The 2D doesn't.

It has nothing to do with the director (and what the heck is a blu-ray director? you mean the blu-ray producer? No.) not being able to make up their mind and has EVERYTHING to do with a director knowing EXACTLY what they want.

Now, whether the film is shite is another debate (and one best left to another thread), but dude, you're completely wrong. Whether, in your opinion, you find it distracting, is another thing entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by millhouse View Post
    Yeah, I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to call you out for not knowing what you're talking about, or at the very least, not explaining your gripe very well.
    Sorry I don't know as much about films as Rodger Ebert you ass. But I shouldn't have to put up with constant changes in a movie between two different aspect ratios and changes between digital and film stock. It's not even a matter of one scene is in 1.85:1 and then the next is in 2.40:1 like The Dark Knight. They actual are switching aspect ratios and film mediums each time they change to certain cameras in the same scene. Clear enough for you?
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Withdrawing from this thread.

To get back on topic my US copy turned up today (HD, not 3D) and the Blu Ray works fine on my PS3. Very stoked about the statuette that came with it

Quote Originally Posted by ILikeSoundwave View Post
    My regular Blu-Ray works on my PS4, haven't tried the 3D Blu-ray as I don't have a 3D TV, one of my friends do so I will try it there next time I go.
    Only tried the 3D disc and it worked fine on the PS4.

Anyone else see the Voyager version of Hound that comes with the Japanese pre order? It makes the original look like a prototype and the 5 pack one look like an early draft.

Cammo is awesome and the black guns and bull bar look great.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    To get back on topic my US copy turned up today (HD, not 3D) and the Blu Ray works fine on my PS3. Very stoked about the statuette that came with it

Sigh... Nothing ever looks as cool as it does in the stock picks. It's cool, I just think it looked cooler in the stock pics.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Sigh... Nothing ever looks as cool as it does in the stock picks. It's cool, I just think it looked cooler in the stock pics.
    Did you get it too did ya? I quite like it myself, though maybe because I wasn't expecting anything brilliant I was pleasantly surprised by the amount of detail on Big Grim

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Did you get it too did ya? I quite like it myself, though maybe because I wasn't expecting anything brilliant I was pleasantly surprised by the amount of detail on Big Grim
    Na, just going off your pic. It looked more awesome in the stock pictures. I think your expectations were appropriate.