Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Selling TFs isn't fun

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    I kept watching hoping there'd be a brawl over ownership of the half-complete sun-faded set of deck chairs with no table
    I believe on ebay that's considered 98% complete with some slight discolouration....

Quote Originally Posted by llamatron View Post
    hello would you give me a 90% discount and make sure items are posted yesterday?
    Sold!!! thats 10% more than usual

Quote Originally Posted by Slag View Post
    Bit off topic but, my mother in law had some chairs on her front lawn she was giving away. They sat there for days (no pun intended).
    Do you have hard rubbish in WA? Anything decent that's put on the nature strip in Victoria doesn't last long, not that I would know or anything

What do you guys think about having a communal "Pay It Forward" cooperative? I've been thinking about creating a thread where people could join up and pretty much offer their spare toys for free. Others could either come pick it up, or simply pay for the cost of postage - but the toys themselves would be given away for free. This would take the whole price thing out of the equation, and the problem with direct swaps is trying to find a compatible trade (i.e. someone who has a toy that you want and you have a toy that they need). In this way, you would be supplying toys to a community, and likewise the community could potentially supply toys back to you.

Thoughts?

I'd be up for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slag View Post
    I'd be up for it.
    Count me in. Better to someone who appreciates them.

Exactly. I'm in. So how are we going to do this then? Do we start one big thread, a state by state thread or just keep it to organised meets?

People could nominate themselves, to be responsible and if others are happy with that person. All the locals with figures, bits, parts and instructions that they would like to donate could meet said person, that way all the stuff is in one location. Should just have one sale thread for it in the sales section, and list the items available, and group by location, I think cities eg. Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth etc. and relevant people to contact for questions and organizing delivery.

^Exactly what I was thinking. The toys would be free, but people who are unable to pick up would agree to pay for cost of delivery, including interstate. But hey, considering that you'd be getting a free toy/accessory, I think that paying just for the cost of postage is a pretty good deal.

My idea is just to make a single thread in the sales section. I'll get some of my stuff organised and get the ball rolling soon.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    ^Exactly what I was thinking. The toys would be free, but people who are unable to pick up would agree to pay for cost of delivery, including interstate. But hey, considering that you'd be getting a free toy/accessory, I think that paying just for the cost of postage is a pretty good deal.

My idea is just to make a single thread in the sales section. I'll get some of my stuff organised and get the ball rolling soon.
    It sounds like a pretty easy practice. I'm up.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust