Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Michael Bay Not Planning to Direct Transformers 5

I rather liked TF4. It was well done. A lot better then 3.
    If they do TF5 I hope someone else directs it, just to see change and that they go to Cybertron or something.

Quote Originally Posted by VGMStudios View Post
    If they do TF5 I hope someone else directs it, just to see change and that they go to Cybertron or something.
    If they do TF5? I word, "billions".

Quote Originally Posted by VGMStudios View Post
    Cybertron got blown up at the end TF3... So I doubt they will be back there.

I wouldn't hold my breath.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

I wish there was a like button lol

Quote Originally Posted by millhouse View Post
    What I'm saying is that people actively watch Michael Bay's movies and pay regularly to do so. His films make money for the most part. He delivers on time, on budget, a product that makes money. He's criticproof, in the sense that critics do not deter people going to see his films. He is an asset to Paramount.

He may be a hack, a jerk, and have the narrative sense of a dachshund, but he is, fiscally-speaking, a keeper.
    Well put. I hate the fact that this is true.
    SofaMan - Occasionally Battling Evil with his Mighty Powers of Indolence

Did you see TF4? Did you see TF3? Did you see TF2?

If so, you're part of the problem you're complaining about.
    I've watched Age of Extinction three times in cinemas but have never paid for a full ticket. I used vouchers to watch it the first two times for free, and then watched it the 3rd time at IMAX with a discount voucher. So I've watched the film 3 times, but only paid for the partial price of a single ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I've watched Age of Extinction three times in cinemas but have never paid for a full ticket. I used vouchers to watch it the first two times for free, and then watched it the 3rd time at IMAX with a discount voucher. So I've watched the film 3 times, but only paid for the partial price of a single ticket.
    I watched AOE twice, each with $10 tickets. That is all I would ever pay to watch ANY movie. Wether it's well reviewed or not.

What I'm saying is that people actively watch Michael Bay's movies and pay regularly to do so.
    But do they? I didn't know what a Michael Bay was until he made the first Transformers film. I just looked it up - he'd directed six films at that point, and even now he's still only directed seven non-Transformers films. Are people really going to watch a Michael Bay film, or are they going to watch Transformers (and Ninja Turtles)? Transformers and TMNT have more history than Michael Bay, and they have fandoms and toys and TV shows and comic books and inspire nostalgia in eighties and nineties kids. Surely the franchises are the draw, not the hack.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    But do they? I didn't know what a Michael Bay was until he made the first Transformers film. I just looked it up - he'd directed six films at that point, and even now he's still only directed seven non-Transformers films. Are people really going to watch a Michael Bay film, or are they going to watch Transformers (and Ninja Turtles)? Transformers and TMNT have more history than Michael Bay, and they have fandoms and toys and TV shows and comic books and inspire nostalgia in eighties and nineties kids. Surely the franchises are the draw, not the hack.
    I think you can look at Armageddon, Bad Boys, and The Rock as examples of Bay having a name for himself (after Bad Boys). Criterion released Armageddon and The Rock on DVD, so he's known (often for the worse) among cinephiles.

Bay got the TF gig because of his ability to do high dollar projects, on time, on budget, and watched by audiences. They didn't give TF to an 80s kid who loved the franchise and had no proven track record with high budget motion pictures.

The TF live action movie franchise is far bigger than Bay, but don't think he hasn't been instrumental in it's financial success.

The fact remains, for the better or worse of the franchise, Bay has been a smart business move until he moves on from it.