Issue #1

Picking up not long after Monstrosity ends, we see most of the same characters in play. Grimlock and the other Dynobots are being purged of their mad alt-modes, Prime has been repaired and is going on an ice-hike with Ironhide and Megs is having a chat with Trypticon who now has Pentius’ spark.

Some interesting stuff. The fact that Trypticon and Megs are now sorta connected from sharing the same borrowed Quintesson spark is cool, as is the brief image of Trypticon walking the plains of Cybertron before the rest of them had even existed, as well as dipping into the Quintesson lore. It would be nice to know if ‘Slinger’ – Hot Rods ex-mate - turns out to be ‘Slugslinger’. The Grimlock/Hot Rod stuff I found to be a bit of filler but will prob lead to Hot Rod gaining Grim’s respect in a later issue. I adore Omega Supreme but didn’t think a lot of the idea he’d just been standing round for thousands of years doing sweet f’all – I hope his inclusion leads somewhere. All the Cons flying off into space aboard Trypticons city mode was a nice way to end the issue I thought, Trypticons city mode in space looked awesome, though part of me wishes that since he was being a mode of transport they had used his battle station mode or his FOC alt-mode instead.

Overall, quite good. Looking forward to the next instalment