Thread: AOE combining Dinosaur set

Default AOE combining Dinosaur set

It's a hard call as to whether this is third party or KO, but I think with the packaging design it is more of a blatant knock off.
    Definitely new molds, but close enough that you could easily be confused with that paint scheme, particularly if you didn't know English

Dinosaur mode

Packaging design

Rather than posting a link to the store, I've just included a few images. If you really want it you'll track it down.... But given the affordable price of Hasbro US toys, you're better off sourcing the original
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Aw man. That's just priceless!
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.

Are these based on Megazords of some sort?

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Are these based on Megazords of some sort?
    They're originally designed by TFC for a Chinese kids' program called ?Star Brigade? if I'm not mistaken
    The original colours are grey and blue.
    Not sure if this is a KO of that or the company saw the potential in making them in AOE colours to boost sales.
    49USD from chimungmung... plus it combines and is slightly shorter than Hercules.

I think the strategy is very intentional, since the packaging is an almost identical KO... just removing enough of the trademark names and icons to make it legal, but close enough to maybe fool people who don't have English as their first language, or parents who wouldn't know a Transformer from a Power Ranger, so could end up buying something that looks familiar... or just prefer to buy the cheapest things for their brats who are going to break it within a week anyway.