Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Anime-Export (Japan) feedback

Default Anime-Export (Japan) feedback

Have these guys gone from legit to bogus?

I've had one successful order from them. Last year they used to reply my emails, now they seem to be ignoring me. Emailed them a couple of months ago, a week ago, and just today. Used both my hotmail and gmail accounts and nothing.

Have they responded to anyone this year?

I've never had a significant issue from them, I only recently had a bungch of movie figures delivered by the. no issues.

They did have a sign up on their page recently about being closed for a few days over a holiday period.

I don't generally have a need to email them So I can't help you there.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by yoshi594 View Post
    Have these guys gone from legit to bogus?

I've had one successful order from them. Last year they used to reply my emails, now they seem to be ignoring me. Emailed them a couple of months ago, a week ago, and just today. Used both my hotmail and gmail accounts and nothing.

Have they responded to anyone this year?
    Good luck getting a response out of them if you have a problem. I did, they ignored me, I opened a chargeback dispute and they contacted me after PayPal contacted them. That was at the beginning of the year.
    Which brings us to where we are today...

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    I don't generally have a need to email them So I can't help you there.
    Primus help you if you do. Their obligation to you as a customer seems to end the moment you recieve their package. they send their package out to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tober View Post
    Good luck getting a response out of them if you have a problem. I did, they ignored me, I opened a chargeback dispute and they contacted me after PayPal contacted them. That was at the beginning of the year.
    is there a time limit for charge backs? I might have to go down this path. The oban holiday finished on the 17th (monday) so they've got no excuses.

Quote Originally Posted by yoshi594 View Post
    is there a time limit for charge backs? I might have to go down this path. The oban holiday finished on the 17th (monday) so they've got no excuses.
    Yes, but it varies from bank to bank. It's usually 6 months. And that's if you paid with a credit card. I'm not sure how a debit or bank transfer through PayPal works...

How did you pay (Paypal with credit card or other) and what is the problem (damaged, lost or wrong item)?

I ordered two sets of Valkyrie parts but they only sent one. After sending them two notices; one through their email and another through their website contact page, I took a photo of the box and contents, and along with all the purchase and shipping information, printed them out and went to the bank to start a seller dispute. The purchase confirmation emails, PayPal invoice, and screen cap of the order history page showed I paid for two items, the shipping receipt showed they only packed one. The bank staff took copies of all of that and started the process. A week later I received a letter asking for additional information including all communications with AE, so I sent a copy of the second email in which I stated that if they did not reply in three days I would begin the chargeback procedure. I didn't have any communication with AE to send so I wrote out a letter explaining that.

It was a pain in the exhaust and it took a couple of weeks. I then received the apology email from AE saying that the emails were filtered. I guess they filter out any emails containing the words: problem, lost, damaged, missing...

Yes, but it varies from bank to bank. It's usually 6 months. And that's if you paid with a credit card. I'm not sure how a debit or bank transfer through PayPal works...

How did you pay (Paypal with credit card or other) and what is the problem (damaged, lost or wrong item)?

I ordered two sets of Valkyrie parts but they only sent one. After sending them two notices; one through their email and another through their website contact page, I took a photo of the box and contents, and along with all the purchase and shipping information, printed them out and went to the bank to start a seller dispute. The purchase confirmation emails, PayPal invoice, and screen cap of the order history page showed I paid for two items, the shipping receipt showed they only packed one. The bank staff took copies of all of that and started the process. A week later I received a letter asking for additional information including all communications with AE, so I sent a copy of the second email in which I stated that if they did not reply in three days I would begin the chargeback procedure. I didn't have any communication with AE to send so I wrote out a letter explaining that.

It was a pain in the exhaust and it took a couple of weeks. I then received the apology email from AE saying that the emails were filtered. I guess they filter out any emails containing the words: problem, lost, damaged, missing...
    I paid with paypal (Credit card) and have some items that I paid shipping for that have yet to be SHIPPED to me. I've been sending them emails from when they last replied me and also through their site using 2 different emails.

They better reply soon otherwise i'm gonna have to go with the charge back option and blacklist them forever.

Thanks for spelling out all the steps (not that i have an issue with AE atm). Much better info than just "do a chargeback through you cc company." :thumbsup
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

I put in a pre-order but I haven't paid it due to paypal issues. Does that mean my order is reserved? Or can my pre-order be cancelled by AnimeExport or me?

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcomp View Post
    I put in a pre-order but I haven't paid it due to paypal issues. Does that mean my order is reserved? Or can my pre-order be cancelled by AnimeExport or me?
    Check your AE account page. It used to be that you had 24 hours to pay, I think...