Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 123456781323 ... LastLast

Thread: Masterpiece MP-23 Exhaust

Wonder if theyll do a Slicer

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    If it is a Marlboro car is a definite sell point.
    But is only coloured without the Marlboro decals?
    Because tobacco advertising & toys, amongst alot of other things, are a no-no these days -just look at some of the F1 Ferrari Model cars who were also sponsored by Marlboro at the time.
    Anyway, decals i can live without, Reprolabels will fix that anyway, but i'm so glad that they have the Marlboro Chevron & not some other wierd abstract shape approximating it.
    As for the number, i couldn't care less. It's a freakin' Marlboro Wheeljack in Masteriece form. I'm preordering this sucker on sight.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    As for the number, i couldn't care less.
    Exactly, it's annoying enough that people refer to Masterpiece toys by their Japanese ID numbers when that's never happened for any other line, let alone caring what the numbering actually is. I'm sure people weren't thrown into a panic in 1987 when Takara didn't release a D-91.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Does anyone have any better name ideas, since they can't call it Marlboro.
    'Smoke' would be too much like Smokescreen. I heard someone in the supermarket say 'durries' the other day, which I don't think I've otherwise heard in twenty years. 'Lights", 'Ultralight' or 'Goldpack' would be amusing names, but again quite similar to existing toys. 'Fag' would be another Spastic/Slag/Slapper just waiting to happen. 'Hyperspeed' makes sense as it was already used for Prime.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    Because tobacco advertising & toys, amongst alot of other things, are a no-no these days -just look at some of the F1 Ferrari Model cars who were also sponsored by Marlboro at the time.
    Anyway, decals i can live without, Reprolabels will fix that anyway, but i'm so glad that they have the Marlboro Chevron & not some other wierd abstract shape approximating it.
    As for the number, i couldn't care less. It's a freakin' Marlboro Wheeljack in Masteriece form. I'm preordering this sucker on sight.
    Yup fair enough about decals, I will wait and see.

i would of rather seen them attempt to do Slicer....
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

There's a mainline of Masterpiece toys and there's the variants/exclusives things for the novelty stuff.

Soundblaster as an actual G1 Transformer Toy and Anime character and come with Ratbat an actual G1 Transformer Toy, Anime and comic character. That makes it more worthy of a place in the mainline than a new character based on a pre-TF toy and a background cameo in a Dreamwave comic. I'd argue that Slicer has more of a place in the mainline than Exhaust does.

Exhaust should exist, but it's a variant/exclusive/novely for Diaclone fans. It reminds me somewhat of when it was decided that a black Alternator/Binaltech Sunstreaker called Dead End or a yellow Hound is Swindle. The Masterpiece line does need some more Decepticons but I don't think this is the way.

Love the deco and new head, sold!

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

So what if they just make a lockdown head and pop into the Lambor, is this going to be a trend of things?

So going by the numbering this isn't an exclusive and will be available through the regular retailers like HLJ? I hope so as this is going to be pre-ordered as soon as it appears.

his face looks like a vehicon ! imagine have a whole bunch of him in black!! lol