Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2131363738394041

Thread: Masterpiece MP-23 Exhaust

People weren't given the chance to cancel their orders at TFSource... the toy showed up at people's houses without warning of the changes.

And if there is anyone outside of America ordering from a US-based source, it's either because they missed out from a cheaper source, or are ordering a number of other items which offsets the extra few US$ on certain toys like this one. Or they prefer to just stick to one or two online stores with their credit card info, and haven't yet been forced to sign up to another source just to get a particular figure.
    But I think most of TFSource's customers for JP toys would be Americans who have to pay extra to import anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    At least with the orange-capping, it was told before-hand and people who bought one knew that it was coming that way.... this was just a total surprise by customers, who got a note with the toy that tried to celebrate the success of getting this toy to them.

I imagine that TFSource had already bought these toys from a supplier and couldn't return them, so only had the choice of destroying them or modify them enough to be allowed to sell them (they probably contacted the cigarette company to get approval).
    I wonder if they could have gotten away with applying stickers over the hood instead; just sneakily use the same dodgy stickers used on freebie keychain Rubix cubes that peal off if you look at them

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

Dddaaaayyyuuummm... that's terrible! People would certainly be within their consumer rights to demand a refund considering that the product isn't quite as described. Feels quite misleading. If they're going to modify a product from its original state, then they really ought to inform customers IMHO.

I just had a quick look at HLJ, Robot Kingdom, Anime Export, and Chimungmung, and Exhaust doesn't even turn up on their web sites! It looks like they've completely removed this toy from their listings. Amiami still lists it, but as "Order Closed." The only place that I can still find Exhaust for sale is Amazon Japan, who currently have 18 new for 10980JPY ($115) each, or 1 used for 9600JPY ($100). I know that this option won't be available to most folks since Amazon doesn't ship globally, but there's the link for the few of you who might be able to use their service (i.e. have access to a Japanese postal address). Admittedly I'm not a big online shopper, so perhaps there are other online stores that I haven't checked.

I finally found Exhaust here in HK today over in Mong Kok. The boxes on display are mostly already gone (pre-ordered) but of the ones for sale - he's not cheap at all by HK standards compared to the other MP cars. Also saw one in a display case out of box modified with gundam pens and have to say he doesn't look nice at all so I feel for those who had to endure a modification they didn't get a choice of.

Quote Originally Posted by Bladestorm View Post
    I finally found Exhaust here in HK today over in Mong Kok. The boxes on display are mostly already gone (pre-ordered) but of the ones for sale - he's not cheap at all by HK standards compared to the other MP cars. Also saw one in a display case out of box modified with gundam pens and have to say he doesn't look nice at all so I feel for those who had to endure a modification they didn't get a choice of.
    What's the current price in HKD?

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

haha, the MP I should have stockpiled, I could sell them from a trench coat at Botcon for a massive profit each. if I was going and wasn't going to keep the only one I have.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Ny still list it