Page 22 of 41 FirstFirst ... 212171819202122232425262732 ... LastLast

Thread: Masterpiece MP-23 Exhaust

well, there goes my idea of scalping it to the Americans at a ridiculously overinflated price. Sad face.

Im very confused by this. Everyone always says that TT doesn't really care about the foreign market

Damn!

I normally would never deface my Transformers with Reprolabels, but in this case I might actually buy some.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

I have no attachment to the old diaclone version, so the change make no difference to me at all.

I am still happy to have this in my collection.

It's always gonna look lame as long as you know what it's supposed to be, but taken on it's own i think it looks ok. It still boggles my mind that Philip Morris gives any shit at all about this, and also how such a minor change magically makes it ok.

I don't know if it's true or not but was once told there's a 10% or 15% change rule for copyright. But it's so subjective, arguably they could have used a different shade of red (perhaps a more "evil" red!) to meet that criteria.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    well, there goes my idea of scalping it to the Americans at a ridiculously overinflated price. Sad face.
    Sad face too. Would have been nice for the Americans to be on the receiving end of scalper prices for once. Take them down a peg.

I didn't really have any attachment to the original deco, but the new one just looks a bit weird now. Kind of like it's unfinished. Instead of the nice clean line breaking up the colours, now they've got 'steped' lines. To me, it doesn't flow very well.

Ah well, I was planning on getting Reprolabels for this guy anyway.

Screw you Philip Morris mine is going to advertise that smooth Marlboro flavour.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Is this real or somebody just faked it?

This where maybe the ko version will get it right? It be very lame if that does happens.

Quote Originally Posted by kaiden View Post
    why did TakaraTomy bother changing the deco? the toy is being sold in Asian markets and should therefore be immune to the copyright issues in America.
    Philip Morris/Marlboro does exist in Japan.