Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Grimlock QC issue : repair or refund

Default New Grimlock QC issue : repair or refund

Ok guys after many attempts at trying to obtain a grimlock here in Melbourne i managed to source one then it had a busted arm on opening so was exchanged and the 2nd version happens to have a problem where the pin in the left articulating hand hasn't been put in properly resulting in an inability for grimlock to hold weapons in this hand, ive seen other people return theirs for refunds replacements over this.. but now that stock is pretty much non existant and i really wanna keep grimlock just wondering if anyone is aware of how to fix this.. the pin doesnt simply push out like rodimus (or im doing it wrong)

The top: pin sticking through

The bottom: open whole which should be at top

Can you remove the hand and use a small screwdriver and a hammer to tap it further in?

I have that same issue on my Hasbro reissue of MP-8X.

I also have a ton of loose joints. T-Rex shoulders, robot shoulders and all parts of the hips/waist. I'm wondering about tightening them up. I haven't had time to take a good hard look at them myself, so can someone give some pointers on how easy these joints will be to tighten.

I really think this mould needs to be replaced, it's falling apart.

I did read somewhere where someone had a problem with TF ball joints loose or falling out. They put clear nail polish on the ball, let it dry and put it back together.
    This apparently helped them.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    I really think this mould needs to be replaced, it's falling apart.
    Moulds can be repaired to deal with degradation issues rather than entirely replaced (which would be far more expensive). Just look at the Classics Starscream mould; that was suffering from some shocking mould degradation when they released the Gentei Seekers, but appeared to have been addressed by the time they released the Generations Seekers. This is the fifth use of the MP Grimlock mould, so it's not surprising that there'd be some mould degradation; although admittedly disappointing considering that it is a Masterpiece. The MP Starscream mould has had more reuses and doesn't appear to suffer from degradation (if anything, they've improved on it; the original MP3 pales in comparison with its successors).

Quote Originally Posted by Thurmus View Post
    I did read somewhere where someone had a problem with TF ball joints loose or falling out. They put clear nail polish on the ball, let it dry and put it back together.
    This apparently helped them.
    I've employed this use on many different figures. Ball joints are notoriously wearing out over time (or brand new) and sometimes a couple of coats of clear nail polish works. I've done it to G1 Whirl, some Classics figures, even kreos. And some other non-ball joint figures like Action Master arms.

Admittedly over time it will wear thin again from playwear, but on display makes them not look like a floppy mess.

CoRDS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    I've employed this use on many different figures. Ball joints are notoriously wearing out over time (or brand new) and sometimes a couple of coats of clear nail polish works. I've done it to G1 Whirl, some Classics figures, even kreos. And some other non-ball joint figures like Action Master arms.

Admittedly over time it will wear thin again from playwear, but on display makes them not look like a floppy mess.
    is this the sort of thing i could use to fix the feet on my mp02 they fall off and are just ball joints

Quote Originally Posted by CoRDS View Post
    is this the sort of thing i could use to fix the feet on my mp02 they fall off and are just ball joints
    They are ball and socket joint? I would have to assume so as I haven't had that happen to mone, but in theory should work for all ball joint parts. Just remember to let a coat dry before you add another and before you put it back on together. Careful not to do too many coats in case it puts stress on the socket. Some people use super glue but I don't want to run the risk of it reacting with the plastic.

By no means is this a permanent fix, but it adds rigidity that has been lost over time due to wear on the joint.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Moulds can be repaired to deal with degradation issues rather than entirely replaced (which would be far more expensive). Just look at the Classics Starscream mould; that was suffering from some shocking mould degradation when they released the Gentei Seekers, but appeared to have been addressed by the time they released the Generations Seekers. This is the fifth use of the MP Grimlock mould, so it's not surprising that there'd be some mould degradation; although admittedly disappointing considering that it is a Masterpiece. The MP Starscream mould has had more reuses and doesn't appear to suffer from degradation (if anything, they've improved on it; the original MP3 pales in comparison with its successors).
    All moulds obviously have a number of products it can produce. Everytime they produce new batch QC measures all the dimensions to check if they pass the given measurement's tolerance. If not they have to repair that part to meet the tolerance. Not sure if Hasbro/Takara are doing this because lots of their reissues have loose joints, etc. one can notice how gaps get wider with every new reissue. They should be alarmed with the quality and not just in counting money.