View Poll Results: Generations Cosmos with Payload - worth getting?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hells yeah - he's outta this world!

23 95.83%
  • Only if cheap

1 4.17%
  • Only if...

0 0%
  • Na

0 0%
  • Consign this horrible toy to deep space!

0 0%

Thread: Toy Review - Generations Cosmos with Payload

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Toy Review - Generations Cosmos with Payload

Name – Cosmos with Payload
    Series - Generations
    Sub-line - Thrilling 30
    Size/class - Legends
    New/remould/redeco - New
    Wave - 5
    Released here – Not yet
    Approximate Retail Price - $11.00US
    Approximate Size – 10cm
    Allegiance - Autobot
    Alt-mode – UFO & Space Shuttle
    Main Features/Gimmicks – Targetmaster Partner
    Main Colours – Cosmos – Green & Yellow, Payload – White & Black
    Main Accessories – Payload Targetmaster Partner

Robot Mode
    I have the G1 Cosmos as well as the Henkei! (Universe) version of him and this eclipses them both. Well proportioned, not as fat looking but hasn’t lost too much bulk in exchange for added height, beautiful colours, this is by far and away the best looking Cosmos toy we’ve ever had! His gun ports are now on his thighs instead of his wrists/fingers which is an interesting change but kinda works.

UFO Mode
    Loving the fact that Cosmos is now sporting some little touches like tiny fins around the sides as well as the tail that the Universe version introduced. Also the cannons at the front are a nice touch, though if the barells had been much rounder could have been mistaken for exhaust. Like Gears, he has a really strong vibrant colour scheme which makes this toy look even better! Good on Hasbro for finally doing some decent paintjobs!

Transformation
    Easy but damn annoying. It’s too easy to disconnect his lower legs from his thighs and his torso from his upper body, meaning you have to reconnect the balljoints and slots a lot. Also not all the parts of the UFO’s outer dish have slots to link them together so if you don’t get it exactly right you end up with big gaps between sections.

Payload
    A really good homage to the G1 Micromaster Blast Master with very similar colours and is now able to be a space shuttle on his own without a partner. A very good alt mode on him to compliment Cosmos’ alt-mode, which is good as unlike other figures in the series there doesn’t seem to be a place to attach him to Cosmos’ UFO mode. The gun mode is ok, but only requires lifting up his handle from his chest from the robot mode to get him there so yet another simple transform. Still a much better triple changer than Reflector and Groundbuster though and with Cosmos’ thick arms doesn’t look out of place being held as a weapon.

Overall
    A really great looking Cosmos and a very good Targetmaster partner. Only let down by loose ball joints and that its not always easy to make the bits line up in UFO mode. Still well worth the relatively cheap price he is going for so until we get a Deluxe or Voyager Cosmos I heartily recommend him!

Love this guy although Cosmos was my first tf so I'm biased. I agree with BTT. Magnificent little figure.

The only way I've had payload cconnect to Cosmos is by plugging the front guns into the exhaust of payload. For. Um. Docking...? It's not that cool a look and you can't have payload in gun mode on Cosmos' vehicle mode which is a shame.

I think considering how simple payload is he makes a good Targetmaster figure as he has a decent robot and vehicle mode and a nice gunt mode. Which is more than I can say for Scoop's TM pals.

Get him! He's better than jesus!

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post

Get him! He's better than jesus!

Well yeah, Jesus could only walk on water and cater a party. Comos can fly to the moon, walk in air and shoot lasers from his legs

Gotta be careful with the paint on the head. In transport from America his head rubbed in my backpack and now he has a giant pointless bald spot on the top of his head. Other than that it's a great little figure, I love how he looks with payload.

Cosmos is fantastic!! Payload on the other hand is a waste of material. But I have a terrible anti-minicon bias...

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

Really like him. Love the way the alt mode fits in your hand. This morning when we were driving out I had the childish-urge to take bring him along with me

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!