Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Celebrity Transfan Sighting thread

Default Celebrity Transfan Sighting thread

I saw the ad for this week's "Hole In The Wall" (but I didn't see the ep) and I could swear that I saw Cataphract (aka Jordan Raskopoulos) as a celebrity contestant on the ad. Can anyone else confirm this?

I also had someone pic message me a photo of a Kmart shelf ad with Cataphract's image on it. I need to download it from my phone to my PC and chuck it on my photobucket.

P.S.: He has a wiki page! lawl!

yeah i noticed that too, saw the ad and if it wasn't him it looked a hell of a lot like him... didn't know he was a transformers fan though, only know him from ronnie johns.. the show doesnt start till next week though so you may still see it, im in melb though so perhaps in sydney it started last night...

He's a fairly casual fan doesn't really interact with the online TF community although he is active with the Sydney animé/manga community. He cosplayed as Optimus Prime back in 2001 (as you can see from the photo). I wanted to borrow his costume in 2003/4 but to cut a long story short, I wasn't able to get my hands on it so I ended up making my own costume. d:

For anyone who attended the first Animania at Sydney Uni you may remember a skit that Cataphract, myself and some other guys did called "The Great Debate: Subs vs Dubs" - it was a completely set-up satirical debate but we had lots of fun doing it. Cataphract was on the pro-dub team with his wonderful opening line of, "I can't seem to read my notes because they're written in LITTLE YELLOW WRITING!", and I played a character called Yamada Jiro*, a Star Wars fan from Japan who'd accidentally ended up in an animé/manga convention in Sydney. My entire presentation was just me speaking in Japanese about Star Wars. Cataphract was my "translator" mistranslating everything I was saying (e.g. when I started talking about the lameness of Jar Jar Binks, he translated it as me talking about my love for men ). Ah, fun days. Cataphract went on to do several med reviews at uni and of course, the Ronnie Johns Half Hour. I just do occasional crappy photocomics with my TF toys. d:

*"Yamada Jiro" is a very plain and ordinary sounding Japanese name, kinda like "John Smith" in English. It's also the 'real life' name of the Aestavalis pilot known as Daigoji Gai in Martian Successor Nadesico**. I was also wearing a Star Wars T-shirt at the time.

**During the "live dubbing" we used a clip from Martian Successor Nadesico - Cataphract's opening line was, "Fire lots of missiles so they know it's animé!"

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    He's a fairly casual fan doesn't really interact with the online TF community although he is active with the Sydney animé/manga community. He cosplayed as Optimus Prime back in 2001 (as you can see from the photo). I wanted to borrow his costume in 2003/4 but to cut a long story short, I wasn't able to get my hands on it so I ended up making my own costume. d:

For anyone who attended the first Animania at Sydney Uni you may remember a skit that Cataphract, myself and some other guys did called "The Great Debate: Subs vs Dubs" - it was a completely set-up satirical debate but we had lots of fun doing it. Cataphract was on the pro-dub team with his wonderful opening line of, "I can't seem to read my notes because they're written in LITTLE YELLOW WRITING!", and I played a character called Yamada Jiro*, a Star Wars fan from Japan who'd accidentally ended up in an animé/manga convention in Sydney. My entire presentation was just me speaking in Japanese about Star Wars. Cataphract was my "translator" mistranslating everything I was saying (e.g. when I started talking about the lameness of Jar Jar Binks, he translated it as me talking about my love for men ). Ah, fun days. Cataphract went on to do several med reviews at uni and of course, the Ronnie Johns Half Hour. I just do occasional crappy photocomics with my TF toys. d:

*"Yamada Jiro" is a very plain and ordinary sounding Japanese name, kinda like "John Smith" in English. It's also the 'real life' name of the Aestavalis pilot known as Daigoji Gai in Martian Successor Nadesico**. I was also wearing a Star Wars T-shirt at the time.

**During the "live dubbing" we used a clip from Martian Successor Nadesico - Cataphract's opening line was, "Fire lots of missiles so they know it's animé!"
    Gok luves Catarax or whatever the dudes name is

just saw him on a new VB ad with all his mates telling him to SHHHHHH

I saw him with the Axis of Awesome. Never knew he was a transfan.

Just saw an ad for Hole in the Wall, looks like this cataphract fellow will be on this friday (17th) at 8:00, in "Sports stars VS Couch potatoes"... guess which team he is on haha..

Hole in the Wall
    Sports Stars V Couch Potatoes
    8pm – 8.30pm Nine
    Friday 17 October 2008
    Join the human blocks as they manoeuvre their bodies through strangely shaped holes in a moving wall. This instalment's human blocks are Shane Crawford, Matt Welsh, Loudy Wiggins versus Jonathan Coleman, Adam Richard and Jordan Raskopoulos. Hosted by Jules Lund.
    Last edited by jacksplatt11; 15th October 2008 at 01:24 AM. Reason: added more

thank primus this died