Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456789 ... LastLast

Thread: strange mp listings on ebay

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    There does appear to be some good prices there... For me though, it's a case of seeming too good to be true, but I hope it does work out for those who have purchased something -clicking on a link for one Masterpiece Black Rodimus that sold for $73, the seller appears to have relisted it or another one.
    Well that was actually the one I won... still says I won it but that the seller has listed another item just like it.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I have actually asked a question to seller, not sure if he will respond at all.

Hmmm, something may be a bit dodge as the 2nd Mp9b went for $81, but when I clicked on it it said 'View relisted item' so if he's relisting the same item then either he is not honouring the deal or trying to get peoples details or is bidding on his own items with a dummy account to send up the price. It also seems to be the exact same 4 users doing all the bidding on each item. Starting to seem quite suss

Yeah, i'd just leave the auctions be.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Isn't there a winning bid from here?
    So I assume it's already paid.

5 of the 6 MP9b figures sold in the last 24 hours have been relisted Taking all my 'watch this item's off - it keeps getting dodgier and I wouldn't feel comfortable even putting a bid on now

Yeah, that guy's positive feedback history is almost entirely on supercheap items, so I would expect that there's another santa hat type scenario that will ensue over the next month or so.

Quote Originally Posted by CoRDS View Post
    i get the feeling that there might be mp09 KOs now
    Statistically, they'd have to be better quality than an actual Masterpiece Rodimus.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    Yeah, that guy's positive feedback history is almost entirely on supercheap items, so I would expect that there's another santa hat type scenario that will ensue over the next month or so.
    I must admit, I don't know what the 'Santa hat' thing that keeps getting mentioned refers to

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    I must admit, I don't know what the 'Santa hat' thing that keeps getting mentioned refers to
    Just for hilarious archival purposes, this is a basic summary after half a dozen people here were lured in by a bizarre Chinese eBay scam…

Quote Originally Posted by Starscream77 View Post
    So it looks like he just got the first lot of feedback from selling TFs and what a shock it is negative. The comment says 'fraudulent seller, ordered a transformer toy and got a Santa hat instead'
    Quote Originally Posted by neeno View Post
    now he received another negative feedback, another santa hat was sent, no wonder he kept saying merry christmas in every messages

tried to open case but stupid ebay said i have to wait until feb 6, i can open item not as described case but afraid that i have to go into hassle of sending the santa hat back first before ebay refund my money
    Quote Originally Posted by UltraMac View Post
    Looks like i am gonna have 6 santa hats turn up... negative feed back for the one i got today.. i dont think i will wait for the others to show... not happy but i hope to get the $$ back
    let me know how it turns up UltraMac, i don't have any idea about how ebay will side to us. I am gonna have 8 santa hats in february if not sooner.

relax, he's laughing at himself for 1 santa hat.

updates: I message him about his scam, surprisingly he acted like he was shocked about the item he was sent and his english is getting better than previous messages.

Dear neeno,

hi friend
    what happend ?
    please send the photos about the package to me
    i will check
    thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dangermot View Post
    Dear ********,

Hello!
    Really sorry! Christmas hat as a gift for you. Our shipping department may have forgotten to send the Transformers with you. I now give you a refund via paypal. Please check! And, we will re-send the Transformers to you. In the five days. After you receive the Transformers. You then pay to me. Is that OK? I really knew was wrong. So I want to implore you could help me modify the negative feedback? Waiting for your reply! Merry Christmas!

- ni_jay1988

I'll admit the refund has come back to my account but I'll bet it is because I contacted Paypal and e-mailed them photos of the "Christmas hat". No f***ing way am I sending him any more money...
    sent the same to me got refunded on 2 of the items... he says he is resending them heaps of negative feedback on his account now.. yep he seems shocked.. and i flat out told him i was very angry.... if he sends the item yep sure i will pay for them.. but who does this to people....could just be a pro scammer.. who knows its not over yet... i wonder if i should bid on some more items lol
    Oh, i did bid and win just to leave another negative feedback for him.
    I still haven't got my refund,tho
    Yeah, i doubt that he would send the real thing, but if he keeps sending me the santa hats, i might have enough fund next christmas

Just receive the same message, funny eh?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dangermot View Post
    I typed the phrase "chinese ebay scam" in to Google and found some interesting results. Here is just one of many:

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/1725234

Note the recurring theme - buyers are sent something cheap & nasty instead of what they actually paid for. That way the buyer cannot claim "Item not received" and would need to ship the item back. The scammer is hoping that most people would not be bothered paying to ship back a Christmas hat or hair clip etc.

It is very similar to what has happened here with ni_jay88.

This is a scam pure and simple.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ploughmans Lunch View Post
    Remember what I said about things being too good to be true? Stop trying to tell yourself that this isn't a scam. We got scammed. Accept it.
    well as expected the auctions on ebay a few weeks back selling tfc combiners etc for peanuts was a scam.. i now have 8 santa hats and no transformers i am around $400 plus out of pocket and have spoken to paypal and lodged claims
    (Click any of the arrows next to the "Originally Posted by" names if you want to read the whole schemozzle in context.)