Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: strange mp listings on ebay

Thumbs up

Wow what a dodgy scam! Kinda amusing unless you were one of the poor buggers that copped it. Guess you are never bereft of headwear for the Xmas season

Woke up to find yet another 2 of those Black Rodimus' I had been watching had been relisted. Unless he came across a shipping container full of them must be a scam

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Wow what a dodgy scam! Kinda amusing unless you were one of the poor buggers that copped it. Guess you are never bereft of headwear for the Xmas season

Woke up to find yet another 2 of those Black Rodimus' I had been watching had been relisted. Unless he came across a shipping container full of them must be a scam
    How did you miss that Santa Hat scam thing Trev? It was fantastic entertainment for the week or so that it panned out over. Sorry to the people involved but c'mon, it was obvious
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    How did you miss that Santa Hat scam thing Trev? It was fantastic entertainment for the week or so that it panned out over. Sorry to the people involved but c'mon, it was obvious
    This is the first I have heard about it... but I've been very quiet on the TF front lately.

I feel for the guys involved in the scam and hope you get your money back.
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Hi all I've been visiting this site for a while but thought it was time I register.

Well I wish I had seen this thread before I bid and won one of those MP-09B's from this scam artist. I thought I was being careful after having convinced myself there no known KO'S on this model. I did think his selling history was strange. I think I was one of the early winning bidders before they keep getting relisted. Obviously I should have waited but animal instincts got the best of me...

So I called PayPal about it today and they said they need to give it 7 days from the transaction to open up a claim. Interestingly it's not yet been marked as sent and I made my payment on Saturday. Ebay should shut this guy down pretty quick.

Quote Originally Posted by DaptoDog View Post
    Hi all I've been visiting this site for a while but thought it was time I register.

Well I wish I had seen this thread before I bid and won one of those MP-09B's from this scam artist. I thought I was being careful after having convinced myself there no known KO'S on this model. I did think his selling history was strange. I think I was one of the early winning bidders before they keep getting relisted. Obviously I should have waited but animal instincts got the best of me...

So I called PayPal about it today and they said they need to give it 7 days from the transaction to open up a claim. Interestingly it's not yet been marked as sent and I made my payment on Saturday. Ebay should shut this guy down pretty quick.
    Sorry to hear. Welcome to the boards. Your username and location are at great odds with each other
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Haha hey there. Well you can take the boy out of Dapto but you can't take Dapto out of the boy!

Well I thought I would get on the front foot and have messaged the seller requesting a refund after outlining what I think his scam is. It's a long shot but maybe he will decide there are plenty of other suckers out there. But I'm not counting on it.

OK last reply to my own post, I promise lol.

Just called ebay too and reported the seller. Hopefully it gets shut down soon, seems senseless to let it continue.

He replied to my message saying it's a legitimate transaction and he's an honest seller. But he has processed a full refund! So I'm very happy to have gotten out of that. Good luck to others, I wonder what they will get.

I emailed the sellers of the auctions I won (ut not galvatron and two orionvil) asking when the items will be sent and the sellers replied within 4min of each other saying it will be sent within 5 working days after receiving payment and that mine will be sent in 2-3 days. Very strange... Anyways I got them both for a cheap enough price I'll stick it out and see how they go... I'll keep everyone updated.

Also I find it funny how the mp megatron seller who seems to be legit with a member receiving his hasn't had any feedback regarding his mp05 auctions yet??