Page 14 of 307 FirstFirst ... 49101112131415161718192434 ... LastLast

Thread: Yamato & Bandai Macross Toys

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post

I wonder if they will ever release the armour alone for Alto.
    They will be but its a Bandai webshop exclusive. I have 2 on order at the moment thanks to my brother-in-law in Japan. I can't believe the markup online stores are making on these - its only $76 Aus ordered from the webshop (not including shipping) but online, stores are charging up to $150 Aus!! I may sell one of the sets if I can get that kind of price!
    If I want your opinion, I'll give it to you

My sales thread: Linky

Yamato 1/2000 SDFMacross unofficial update showing alternate mode:

Looks nice in 'wax'.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Bandai 1/72 YF-25 Famima model kit and 1/100 VF-25 toy store exclusives:

Which brings us to where we are today...

Im wondering what you guys think is a better buy? the 1/60 scale figures, or the 1/48s. obviously there is a fair price difference. Is Do the 1/60 scales stand around 9 inches tall?
    ~

For me it has to be the 1/48 line. The smaller scale of 1/60 doesnt really do it for me despite superior detail, articulation.

Some people will express disappointment with the Yamato 1/48 line due to poor QC / QA, but their original VF-1x valkyries have been pretty solid.

Avoid the VF-0x line at all costs unless u absolutely need them, shocking materials and very poor quality control!

Quote Originally Posted by MV75 View Post
    Well both Soundwarp and I have this one:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transf...ts-vf-1-a.html

(Not with the armor kit though, just the first picture). Fully transformable and plenty of diecast. I got mine for a song a few years ago, ($50) totally worth it. I think they are in some insane price range now.

But I think you should really look at the new (old) bandai 25th releases. The basic toy, (vf-1s) is G1 jetfire. And is also the original veritech fighter.

http://www.hlj.com/hljlist2/?MacroTy...cross%20bandai

I want three of those four. The only downside is cost
    LOL wasn't aware there's huge price hike for the original 1/60 diecast Valks.

I bought them all when they first came out so wasn't expensive and got my second loose but mint and complete set at a bargain price on e-Bay when some seller offloaded them!

I still also like the original 1/60s due to the amount of diecast - it feels esp solid and authentic looking!

Anyone know how the shipping time is for over drive?
    ~

Quote Originally Posted by Dkaris View Post
    Im wondering what you guys think is a better buy? the 1/60 scale figures, or the 1/48s. obviously there is a fair price difference. Is Do the 1/60 scales stand around 9 inches tall?
    Yep, not including the FAST/Super packs the standard 1/60 are about 9" tall.

My display valk of choice is the 1/48, but I only have the one. I have several of the 1/60 Version 2 valks as 1/60 is now the standard scale for the Yamato range.

I recommend buying from an online store unless you know exactly what you are looking for. There are the older 1/60 Version 1 valks on eBay everywhere because Macross collectors ane now upgrading.

Quote Originally Posted by primetime View Post
    For me it has to be the 1/48 line. The smaller scale of 1/60 doesnt really do it for me despite superior detail, articulation.

Some people will express disappointment with the Yamato 1/48 line due to poor QC / QA, but their original VF-1x valkyries have been pretty solid.

Avoid the VF-0x line at all costs unless u absolutely need them, shocking materials and very poor quality control!
    True, but the later releases were fixed. Again I would recommend avoiding eBay.

Anyone know how the shipping time is for over drive?
    They only ship by EMS. You recieve a shipping notice including the tracking link/info. Usually taked 4 days on average, if it's not retained by custons...

Yamato 1/60 Max and Miria repaints of the VF-22S

Quote Originally Posted by Tober View Post
    They only ship by EMS. You recieve a shipping notice including the tracking link/info. Usually taked 4 days on average, if it's not retained by custons...
    Does many of their shipments get witheld by customs? Also, how can you tell if the 1/60's are the newer ones or the older die cast sets?
    ~

Does many of their shipments get witheld by customs? Also, how can you tell if the 1/60's are the newer ones or the older die cast sets?
    Two of my last three shipments were witheld for a few days - last one wasn't.

The older versions have been out of stock for years - so mainline suppliers like HLJ, Overdrive, Angolz, Toywave, BBTS etc shouldn't have them in stock anymore. The proportions are slightly different but it's the disconnecting legs and swing-bar size that are the dead giveaway. Also the packaging is slightly different - the older packaging is a windowed blister box, the newer packaging is similar but larger with a flap covering the window.

PM me if you're in doubt about a listing.