Page 15 of 307 FirstFirst ... 510111213141516171819202535 ... LastLast

Thread: Yamato & Bandai Macross Toys

Whoa! Those VF-22S repaints rock! I was considering buying the Gamlin type, but a Max Jenius one would be even better, when are those dure out, they better not be hard to get limited toys.

On the subject of which Valkyrie scale is best, I like my 1/60's they share a spot with there larger Macross Zero cousins. The new ones are really sharp looking, I would have more if they weren't so pricey. I don't really have a 1/40 so I can't really compare them.

If anyone wants to buy ANY of the original version 1 VF-1 valkyries by Yamato, gimme a holler as I'm looking to upgrade to the version 2s.
    If I want your opinion, I'll give it to you

My sales thread: Linky

Thanks for answering my questions Tober and primetime. I never knew about angolz and toywave. Gonna pick up the Vf-1S hikaru version with super parts =]
    ~

Quote Originally Posted by Tober View Post
    The first releases have already been reissued tho. They were extremely popular (for some reason).

------------------------------------------------------

Bandai 1/60 Macross Frontier - DX: VF-25S Armored Messiah Valkyire (Ozma Ver)

Darn you guys. I'm very tempted by this. Could I ask how sturdy and tall is this? My memory of a lot of Gundam stuff (which I know isn't quite the same) was build and not very playable. Are these reasonably solid? They look lovely in all the pictures and all I'm really worried about is their playability.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

Quote Originally Posted by STL View Post
    Darn you guys. I'm very tempted by this. Could I ask how sturdy and tall is this? My memory of a lot of Gundam stuff (which I know isn't quite the same) was build and not very playable. Are these reasonably solid? They look lovely in all the pictures and all I'm really worried about is their playability.
    There's a good review of the VF-25S Armored Messiah Ozma Custom here.

I don't like the proportions compared to the Macross Frontier line art - especially the high hips, and stubby neck (which now has a swap-out fix), but it's a sturdy toy (much tougher than the Yamatos) at around 23cm high in battroid/robot mode. I don't have the armored version tho.
    Which brings us to where we are today...

My webshop exclusive Alto armour arrived today - I still need an Alto valkyrie however to put it on however .
    If I want your opinion, I'll give it to you

My sales thread: Linky

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Just picked up a Bandai VF-1S Origin of Valkyrie "Chunky Monkey" from Shin Tokyo. I couldn't resist their sale price - $99... plus I love the mould!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fungal Infection View Post
    My webshop exclusive Alto armour arrived today - I still need an Alto valkyrie however to put it on however .
    I have the reverse of your problem.

Dern Armoured exclusives!

recieved my VF-1S Ichigo with super parts today. i love it. Dunno now if i want one of the VF-25's or they miraya VF
    ~

Quote Originally Posted by Fungal Infection View Post
    Have you tried putting it on another VF-25? I heard it's really frustrating to get it to fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Robzy View Post
    Just picked up a Bandai VF-1S Origin of Valkyrie "Chunky Monkey" from Shin Tokyo. I couldn't resist their sale price - $99... plus I love the mould!!
    It's a classic design.

Quote Originally Posted by Dkaris View Post
    recieved my VF-1S Ichigo with super parts today. i love it. Dunno now if i want one of the VF-25's or they miraya VF
    That would have been my first choice too.

The 1/60 vf-25 is not as elegent.
    Which brings us to where we are today...