Page 19 of 307 FirstFirst ... 914151617181920212223242939 ... LastLast

Thread: Yamato & Bandai Macross Toys

Just a quick question, the 1/60 bandai Ozma lee version of the VF-25, I've seen on some sites it comes with the armored packs which really give it some bulk, now im guessing that the packs and extra armor can be removed? Am I right, or are they attached to the figure and cant come off?
    ~

Quote Originally Posted by Dkaris View Post
    Just a quick question, the 1/60 bandai Ozma lee version of the VF-25, I've seen on some sites it comes with the armored packs which really give it some bulk, now im guessing that the packs and extra armor can be removed? Am I right, or are they attached to the figure and cant come off?
    Yeap, that's correct. THe VF-25S is the base model and then there are two sets of armor, I believe. The "Super" and then the "armor". The super retains to a larger degree its angular and lean physique but the "armor" bulks it up with an arsenal. For the VF-25S, the bulk up armor comes as part of a larger set already whcih goes for about $200 USD.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

Yeah, Nora's colors are nice, adds to the mysterious, menacing appearence. I went for the Ivanov because it looked a bit more realistic but looks a bit dull and hides the detail - It was a hard choice.

Quote Originally Posted by STL View Post
    Will the other pilots get their own unique suits or did they all have the same ones in the cartoons?
    Nothing has been confirmed yet. I can't remember there being any differences between the suits except for the colors.

Nope, not one. Don't think I will either as I barely have enough time as it is most days. Are they worth seeing though? My memories of Anime tend to be seeing people watch Bleach and Dragonball and me shuddering. And it seems like there's a lot to follow up on. if I were to watch it, I wouldn't know where to start.
    Maybe give 'Macross: Do You Remember Love' a try. It's the OVA version of the first series (which was also the first part of Robotech if you watched that). There is no local release so you need to import a copy or download (it's legal). Otherwise I should be able to hook you up. There is a dubbed version called Clash of the Bionoids which should be avoided - it's a terrible rehash.

Yuppers. Never thought I'd be buying from there after the couple of TF orders but lo and behold they had it. I almost went and bought the RVF-25 and VF-25G but then realised they weren't in stock. Unfortunately, well, fortunately maybe.
    What happened with your TF orders? They have been reporting problems with their PayPal checkout system tho...

I notice they have a "Macross replacement parts" in the top corner. What's that about? Is this the equivalent of Lego replacement parts?
    Yamato had a series of problems with their releases. Namely the Megazone 23 Garland first release and the Macross Zero VF-0A and VF-0S releases. The valks have an inherrent fault where the sholder/arm section will break eventually due to the wrong type of plastic being used. Replacement parts have been made available. The Yamato valks are also fragile so they offer replacements for some parts if they are available. If you have a breakage I would recommend using HLJ for replacements tho - Overdrive take ages to respond.

How much are the super and armor packs alone? I'm keen on them separate but the best bargain i've seen so far is on eBay at about $430

And an observation, it's quite funny searching for Macross toys on eBay. Normally for TFs I use price lowest to look for my items. For Macross, I start at price highest.
    They were about USD$72 from Overdrive and F2F when they were released - they were store exclusives. I don't know how much they go for now.
    Which brings us to where we are today...

The same seller you've listed has the Alto listed with both super and armoured packs for $335 US:

Linky

The original retail (purchased direct from the bandai webshop) price of the super and armoured packs was about $85 Aus (price I paid). Overdrive had the armoured pack on pre-order several months back at $110 US. Now, you're looking at over $130 US each at minimum. I only know this because I have 2 sets of the Alto armour (courtesy of my sister-in-law's family in Japan) and was researching to see how much I could sell the second set for. But I think I'll hold onto it for the time being. If you want the Alto and super armour for a decent price and don't mind different colours to the original, you could wait for the reissue version due in November. I was originally going to go for it until I realised that Alto is coloured differently. So now I'm content to have 2 supers in the VF-25G and RVF-25, and 2 armoured in the VF-25F and VF-25S (still to purchase).

How much are the super and armor packs alone? I'm keen on them separate but the best bargain i've seen so far is on eBay at about $430

And an observation, it's quite funny searching for Macross toys on eBay. Normally for TFs I use price lowest to look for my items. For Macross, I start at price highest.
    Last edited by Fungal Infection; 6th October 2009 at 08:58 AM.
    If I want your opinion, I'll give it to you

My sales thread: Linky

Thanks for the confirmation.

By the way, if anyone is looking for the first series of macross its at JB for $40. its in japanese though so be ready for some reading as well =]

*edit: Just found the ozma with super parts at toy wave for $250 -
    http://www.toy-wave.com/eng/detail.p...1552&table=384

Just wondering if anyone knows what the fastest shipping method is with these guys? I've seen their shipping table, but i dont see anything for ems =/ so im guessing its their speed post to aus which is delivered in 2-4 days at $18.40 USD/kg?
    Last edited by Dkaris; 6th October 2009 at 04:26 PM.
    ~

Quote Originally Posted by Dkaris View Post
    Just wondering if anyone knows what the fastest shipping method is with these guys? I've seen their shipping table, but i dont see anything for ems =/ so im guessing its their speed post to aus which is delivered in 2-4 days at $18.40 USD/kg?
    Yup, that's their EMS. They're pretty good, I've bought from there before.

Quote Originally Posted by Tober View Post

Maybe give 'Macross: Do You Remember Love' a try. It's the OVA version of the first series (which was also the first part of Robotech if you watched that). There is no local release so you need to import a copy or download (it's legal). Otherwise I should be able to hook you up. There is a dubbed version called Clash of the Bionoids which should be avoided - it's a terrible rehash.
    Hook me up, scotty!

What happened with your TF orders? They have been reporting problems with their PayPal checkout system tho...
    Sorry, to clarify I meant that the last purchase I made with them was TFs. the only problem I had was yesterday when I placed the order. Hopefully its the last time.

Quote Originally Posted by Fungal Infection View Post
    I was originally going to go for it until I realised that Alto is coloured differently.
    How different is it? I tried looking for it but couldn't find something that showed those colours. I'm pretty impressed by the current colour scheme so it'd have to be a lot to convince me otherwise.

I'm so trigger-itchy but I feel that b/c Tober pointed how long these take to appreciate, I should really separate my purchases to really give each time. What to do, what to do..
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

How different is it? I tried looking for it but couldn't find something that showed those colours. I'm pretty impressed by the current colour scheme so it'd have to be a lot to convince me otherwise.
    According to HLJ's listing:

This set packs a newly colored version of the 2008-released DX Chogokin VF-25F Messiah Valkyrie Alto Custom together with personalized Super Parts attachments and a custom S.M.S. display stand. All three items were previously released (the latter two were originally sold as a Tamashii Web Shop exclusive) and are now offered in a single box set finished in renewed coloring based on its appearance in the "Macross Frontier The Movie: The False Songstress." Color differences include a slight blue-gray tone on the Valkyrie's white body, fading red tone, dark metallic tone joints, light-gray Super Parts, and the S.M.S. logo on the display base (previously all black) is now fully painted. (The photos below are of the previously released Valkyrie with the Tamashii Web Shop exclusive Super Parts.)

This was confirmed on the macrossworld forums by a forum member who saw it on display at a japanese toy show.

While the main appeal of Valkyries is their awesome designs, now you have one I can't understand not watching the series as well. Otherwise you wont know how to pose your Valkyries!

For STL I recomend Macross Zero, as it is fairly short and standalone and a prequel, even though it was made some 20 years after the first Macross.

Just take a look at this sample from the first episode if your not convinced you should watch this.

I'd like to see Jetfire do that!!!

And the SV-51 Ivanov and Nora types proceed to kick ass in episode 2. My SV-51 is currently in gerwalk mode with the battaroid head extended like a periscope and the arms hoisting the gun above ala the trench fight in the second epsiode.

Yeah, but you're Lord_Zed! It's just a disclaimer as it's kinda like jumping into the deep end.
    True I suppose, I do manhandle my exspensive toys regularly. Otherwise I don't feel like I get the full value from them. True they may break, but every toy has it's time.

So far only the old Yamato 1/100 VF11b and the Toynami Legios have though.

Yeah, Nora's colors are nice, adds to the mysterious, menacing appearence. I went for the Ivanov because it looked a bit more realistic but looks a bit dull and hides the detail - It was a hard choice.
    Me to and I spent at least half an hour in a japanese hobbystore comparing them. Aside from the sleek predatory menacing look, I went with Ivanov because he was Fockers mentor, and one hell of an ace.

Kind of wondering if its worth getting the ozma with the super parts, i sure think they look better than the armored parts, but cant really find any reviews regarding them. Anyone got any idea what their like?
    ~

I hope you have deep pockets because an Ozma with super parts will send you broke considering the super parts were a webshop exclusive (read: rare).