Page 20 of 307 FirstFirst ... 1015161718192021222324253040 ... LastLast

Thread: Yamato & Bandai Macross Toys

yea just got a nice pay cheque. i found the ozma and supers for $250 usd

you people prolly hate me by now for asking so many queestions, but ive heard the VF-0S has some bad plastic in the shoulders, but apparently there was a re release whre this issue is fixed. How can you tell if your buying a re release? and has the bad plastic issue really beeh fixed?
    Last edited by Dkaris; 8th October 2009 at 04:32 AM.
    ~

OK, I'm getting confused with the webshop exclusive... so if one was to buy this -> http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN956817 (DX Chogokin VF25S Armored Messiah), would one still need to purchase the bandai webshop exclusive?? or there isn't any point?

Or is the webshop exclusive for Alto's VF25F??

As far as armour/super packs are concerned, there are 3 webshop exclusives:

1. VF-25F Alto Armoured set
    2. VF-25S Ozma Super Pack
    3. VF-25F Alto Super Pack

The link you've listed is a VF-25S Ozma packed together with an Armour set. So there is no need to buy anything else unless of course you were after the Super Pack in which case, yes, you'd have to make an additional purchase. Alto's valkyrie is the only one which does not come packed with any extra armour/super packs. Pop over my place if you wanna check them out Francis.
    If I want your opinion, I'll give it to you

My sales thread: Linky

Quote Originally Posted by Dkaris View Post
    yea just got a nice pay cheque. i found the ozma and supers for $250 usd

you people prolly hate me by now for asking so many queestions, but ive heard the VF-0S has some bad plastic in the shoulders, but apparently there was a re release whre this issue is fixed. How can you tell if your buying a re release? and has the bad plastic issue really beeh fixed?
    Yup, the VF-0 series valks have very poor quality control and the shoulder and elbow joints are the main culprits. The right shoulder on my VF-0A broke after about 5 transformations. My VF-0S and VF-0A Shin has yet to show any breakage or stress marks however *figures crossed*. There was apparently a revised version released but there is no sure fire way of telling which version you'll get as there are no markings on the box as such. Overdrive offer a spares service for yamato valkyries and the shoulder/elbow joints are often the most requested part so obviously yamato are aware that the issue is a major one. Its a case of playing lotto unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Dkaris View Post
    What Fungal said. If you're worried about the sholders email HLJ or Overdrive or whoever you're ordering from first and ask if it's a revised release. They will know what you are talking aobut.

From memory tho the only sure-fire way of getting a fixed release is to buy the VF-0S with booster... or something. I would have to re-check.
    Which brings us to where we are today...

Thanks Fungal. You've kinda made it clearer... isn't the Armored Ozma, just a glorified Super Ozma. Am I mistaken?

The DX Chogokin range is slightly out of my budget at the moment. But for the moment, am collecting the 1/72 range.

Maybe after the movie (2009/11/21), I'll get into that DX range

Quote Originally Posted by Saintly View Post
    Thanks Fungal. You've kinda made it clearer... isn't the Armored Ozma, just a glorified Super Ozma. Am I mistaken?

The DX Chogokin range is slightly out of my budget at the moment. But for the moment, am collecting the 1/72 range.

Maybe after the movie (2009/11/21), I'll get into that DX range
    It is glorified, but on a massive scale!! The amount of extra firepower on the armoured version is astounding. The super pack only adds thrusters and armour whereas the armour pack adds thrusters, cannons, missiles and armour as well. Its like a super pack on steroids!

Quote Originally Posted by Fungal Infection View Post
    It is glorified, but on a massive scale!! The amount of extra firepower on the armoured version is astounding. The super pack only adds thrusters and armour whereas the armour pack adds thrusters, cannons, missiles and armour as well. Its like a super pack on steroids!
    yeah, so technically one wouldn't need the webshop exclusive Ozma super pack, right? :P

thanks for the info on the OS. I just got promoted at work which means more hours which means more money, so i should get some more valks soon. I'm really looking forward to the max and milia VF-!J's and maybe even an ozma or michael. I wiish there was a release date for the max and milia's, not just "october" =[
    ~

Bandai 1/72 Movie VF-25 Model Kit

Bandai 1/72 VF-27 Model Kit

WAVE 1/100 Monster MkII Model Kit

Which brings us to where we are today...