Page 217 of 307 FirstFirst ... 197207212213214215216217218219220221222227237 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,170 of 3063

Thread: Yamato & Bandai Macross Toys

I'm not sure what you mean by "they make a VF-19" Essentially these lazy arses are going to sit back and do nothing and hope to litigate and gain money that way. See Hasbro and HG for their pathetic attempt there. You should have checked their response to the court ruling from Japan when it came out. Think it's still somewhere on their website. You can definitely find it on the Macrossworld board in their robotech thread.

They're too lazy or inept to do anything with the franchise but will block any attempt by a genuine brand to provide what people want- probably because it makes them look even more incompetent that they already are.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean by "they make a VF-19" Essentially these lazy arses are going to sit back and do nothing and hope to litigate and gain money that way. See Hasbro and HG for their pathetic attempt there. You should have checked their response to the court ruling from Japan when it came out. Think it's still somewhere on their website. You can definitely find it on the Macrossworld board in their robotech thread.

They're too lazy or inept to do anything with the franchise but will block any attempt by a genuine brand to provide what people want- probably because it makes them look even more incompetent that they already are.
    Well....lazy is one thing, but I think they know there may be "legal implications" if they do choose to make Macross Plus or any other Macross line. Otherwise, they would have fought Bandai and Arcadia at this point for producing them, especially Arcadia who are reissuing VF toys. HG just do blindly remain firm on importing Macross toys but not actioned anything against Macross Frontier designs or anything. I think they clearly know where they stand, and if Big west does fight it out they could loose potentially.

Likewise, what I am reading is Bigwest are being lazy themselves too, I am sure if they employ good lawyers, they can reclaim and sort out the Macross problem. The thing is Harmony Gold cannot own the entire Macross if in the first place the company that gave them rights do not own the entire rights themselves. Simple logic, you cannot claim something from someone who does not own it. Hence I believe this is why they do not make any Macross products from the other lines.

The movie if they do make, must not include Macross, as it will be a big legal dispute all over, I will not be surprised if the storyline is entirely changed and has nothing to do with Macross. It will however keep funding Harmony gold in their stand to fight Bigwest and Japanese imports.

Hence you will never see a Gundam or Evangelion movie because they have learnt not to trust Americans to run the show.

Just like Marvel, how pissed to see x-men by Universal, and Spiderman by Sony while the rest or so by Disney. They realised this mistake too late, the characters should have been a loan item, not owned item.

I am seeing the same issue with Voltron, it seems clear to me, any Japanese anime product turn American has become for the worse.
    Last edited by drifand; 10th February 2015 at 12:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    Well....lazy is one thing, but I think they know there may be "legal implications" if they do choose to make Macross Plus or any other Macross line. Otherwise, they would have fought Bandai and Arcadia at this point for producing them, especially Arcadia who are reissuing VF toys. HG just do blindly remain firm on importing Macross toys but not actioned anything against Macross Frontier designs or anything. I think they clearly know where they stand, and if Big west does fight it out they could loose potentially.
    I think you're confused about rights to a name and intellectual property. They can't make Macross Plus or any lines because they don't own any of it and would be sued by Big West and the others for making a product they have no license or right to. In their eyes they own the trademark name Macross and anything that has that name sold in their "market" (I use that term loosely) would infringe on their brand and therefore they can sue for damages. (Which is a bit of a stretch- very few people want Robotech these days anyway)

Likewise, what I am reading is Bigwest are being lazy themselves too, I am sure if they employ good lawyers, they can reclaim and sort out the Macross problem. The thing is Harmony Gold cannot own the entire Macross if in the first place the company that gave them rights do not own the entire rights themselves. Simple logic, you cannot claim something from someone who does not own it. Hence I believe this is why they do not make any Macross products from the other lines.
    Yeah I wish Big West would go hunt HG but I just think that like most Japanese countries, they don't really care about anywhere other than Japan. They seem happy with what they have and know that anyone that wants Macross internationally can get it from the internet (most of their stuff is region free) so they don't have to spend money on lawyers to deal with HG while HG just withers on the vine.

The movie if they do make, must not include Macross, as it will be a big legal dispute all over, I will not be surprised if the storyline is entirely changed and has nothing to do with Macross. It will however keep funding Harmony gold in their stand to fight Bigwest and Japanese imports.

Hence you will never see a Gundam or Evangelion movie because they have learnt not to trust Americans to run the show.

Just like Marvel, how pissed to see x-men by Universal, and Spiderman by Sony while the rest or so by Disney. They realised this mistake too late, the characters should have been a loan item, not owned item.

I am seeing the same issue with Voltron, it seems clear to me, any Japanese anime product turn American has become for the worse.
    Yeah the "movie" if it's ever made will be nothing like what Macross is I suspect. I doubt it'll take off the ground. I personally think it's still in limbo and the studio has no intention of making it. Even if it's made it'll be nothing like what it was due to the issues you've mentioned. HG aren't really standing against BW as that actually requires a backbone. HG the cowards try to attack little companies that buy Macross products to sell by send C&D and hoping they'll back down. They're an embarrassment- their pitiful attempt to sue Hasbro was thrown out by the courts.

Yeah the "movie" if it's ever made will be nothing like what Macross is I suspect. I doubt it'll take off the ground. I personally think it's still in limbo and the studio has no intention of making it. Even if it's made it'll be nothing like what it was due to the issues you've mentioned. HG aren't really standing against BW as that actually requires a backbone. HG the cowards try to attack little companies that buy Macross products to sell by send C&D and hoping they'll back down. They're an embarrassment- their pitiful attempt to sue Hasbro was thrown out by the courts.[/QUOTE]

I can read some people who are oblivious and still support HG. Sadly it is what it is. IF HG was at least making new toys, I can actually give some minor support. Unfortunately, just sending letters around isn't it. Frankly speaking I like a rich Toy company, once in a while who knows the history of Macross from another country to stand up and Challenge them. OR a group of toy companies that will stand up against this nonsense. Once a case is over turned, they will have less to stand on.

A lot of people like myself, have totally ignored HG products. I only see their movie attempt as a way of strengthening their position rather than actually a serious effort to make the movie.

the YF29B pics are out .... it does looks nice.... so who going to get it here?...

Tamashi exclusive too apparently.
    Which brings us to where we are today...

For my friend maybe as he only collects yf-29
    This is just a isamu ver repaint.

Looks nice, but I'm through with Frontier collecting. Save the space for the new VF-0S
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Wow, that's a WANT. Don't own that mold yet n this looks like the best colours yet
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

Wow do want!
    Sadly no money.