Page 24 of 307 FirstFirst ... 41419202122232425262728293444 ... LastLast

Thread: Yamato & Bandai Macross Toys

Quote Originally Posted by Tober View Post

I'm trying to work out weather it's just for the Heavy Duty Resin mold or if there will be a 'proper' toy release as well.
    Apparently is is a limited edition prototype.
    Which brings us to where we are today...

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    only 210,000Y![/URL]. And on top of that, it's a Yamato web shop exclusive...
    About double what I excpected, and even at what I excpected it was to much for me.

I got this news from a collector in Japan that's a member of the Yamato Fan Club members only site:

As for the Yamato 1/2000 SDF-1 I'm kinda lost for words about the price.

It seems everyone's missing this information but on the Fan Club only page for it says quote "This is a prototype model kit of a item that will be released in 2010" end quote. Problem is a completed and painted version is sure to cost more then a simple kit. So anyway you should have a chance to order a completed one sometime next year.
    and

On this image it basically says on the top 'Prototype Type Model Kit to be released ahead of completed version'.

On the second line of this image it reads 'A over 400 part model kit will be released ahead of the completed version that will be released in 2010.'

And thus the plot thickens...
    Last edited by Tober; 2nd November 2009 at 10:55 PM. Reason: Strike!

Revoltech's transforming VF-1A:

Not exactly the prettiest thing the Revoltech Valk, however if the price is no more than a regular rebbot Revoltech it could be good.

Looks like they are releasing a UFO Grendizer too, another classic Giant robot I'd like a collctible toy of, without spending to much. Yay this is one of the reasons why I'm a big fan of Kaiyodo of late!

That VF-27 looks awesome.

Could I ask if these guys are model kits or complete figures?
    No.1

No.2

The one from HK looks so cheap but I'm wary of just buying it cos the last time i did do something impulse i got a model kit.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

Quote Originally Posted by STL View Post
    That VF-27 looks awesome.

Could I ask if these guys are model kits or complete figures?
    No.1

No.2

The one from HK looks so cheap but I'm wary of just buying it cos the last time i did do something impulse i got a model kit.
    It's a fully transformable toy. Those auctions are somewhat overpriced tho, and there is the real possibility of Yamato releasing their 1/2000 version next year, but no one knows what the price for it is yet.

The WAVE SDF-1 is small too - the main body stands at about 14cm tall.

There's also Bandai's Macross Quarter from Frontier which comes out Dec 31st, but that's a different version again...
    Last edited by Tober; 31st October 2009 at 01:28 PM.

Looks like a toy version of Yamato's 1/2000 SDF-1 is definately NOT coming out next year:

From the same source as yesterday:

I want to correct the info I sent you yesterday about the SDF-1. I got some new info yesterday night and wanted to correct myself.

They've me told to tell everyone that even though the Yamato web site states there wil be a completed model out next year it's almost certain not to be released at least in 2010 and maybe never. The current preordering is for the December shipping ones so they should be taking orders for a few more months.

For what it is they told to tell everyone it's a good kit. Depends on how you take it but to some people it'll be worth the price. They can't say everyone should buy it but 10 years down the road you'll think it's worth it.
    REALLY DISAPPOINTING!

Couple more pics of the upcoming Bandai DX Quarter:

http://ngeekhiong.blogspot.com/2009/10/dx-...-images_30.html

Including with the flight deck holstered!

And full color minis:

Got my Milia VF-1J yesterday. I dunno if it is a one off or if Yamato QC is going down the drain but im not a happy camper. The one valk i really really wanted and i have pieces falling off in my hands. I think ill stick to collecting armored core kits.
    ~