Page 25 of 307 FirstFirst ... 51520212223242526272829303545 ... LastLast

Thread: Yamato & Bandai Macross Toys

Quote Originally Posted by Dkaris View Post
    Got my Milia VF-1J yesterday. I dunno if it is a one off or if Yamato QC is going down the drain but im not a happy camper. The one valk i really really wanted and i have pieces falling off in my hands. I think ill stick to collecting armored core kits.
    OK, I'll bite... what's wrong with it?

And yes, Armored Core mechs are Kawamori designs too.
    Which brings us to where we are today...

i dont want anyone to "bite" theres genuine QC issues.

the hook that holds the back piece into the other back piece when in battroid mode, where the tail fins are, snapped off before i even touched it.

i had to glue the fin back on the left leg, and the white stripe on the chest plate is covered in red over spray
    ~

Who did you order from? Overdrive and HLJ have parts replacement services for Yamato... guess why .

That is pretty disasterous but I haven't heard of any other people on MacrossWorld having problems with the M&M sets. And I would, they can complain about anything and everything simultaniously.

overdrive. i really cant be bothered emailing and ordering and all that again, ill just fix it my self and try paint it up a bit better.

its true though, ive never read as many middle age men whine like they do on macrossworld
    ~

Macross World is one of those forums in which half the threads are a complete downer, I just go there for pictures. Only the 40k/ Fantasy section of Wargammer AU is as bad.

I pray this forum never treads that path.

Sorry to hear about you Valk, for the most part I've had fairly good experiences with Yamato Valks, (other than the horribly flawed 1/100 VF11b) though I do worry about a few of mine deteriorating.

This just arrived from HLJ. Very nice cg images and cutaways, plus there's a lot of detail and info.
    Very handy for building or upgrading VF-1s.

I sure would like to see Meister-levels of custom work on a Macross toy Gamblor!

After playing around some more with my 1/60 VF-1A, i'm keen to get another toy of this calibur.

But - what to choose! I don't mind the VF22S Max or Gamlin schemes, and the VF-11B got great reviews, so the 11C is an option, although it looks a bit plain and lacking tampo's for the price. And then the VF-27 is looking pretty cool too!

Just going off the variants of those that are already out, would someone care to recommend their favourite & why? As much as i'd love to, i think i can only spring for one as long as i'm still married :P

Quote Originally Posted by Dkaris View Post
    overdrive. i really cant be bothered emailing and ordering and all that again, ill just fix it my self and try paint it up a bit better.

its true though, ive never read as many middle age men whine like they do on macrossworld
    Couldn't hurt tho really, your prerogative

Quote Originally Posted by gamblor916 View Post
    This just arrived from HLJ. Very nice cg images and cutaways, plus there's a lot of detail and info.
    Very handy for building or upgrading VF-1s.
    Agreed It's amazing really that they found so much stuff to write about, even if it is in Japanese - although there are lots of cgi and model photos in there too.

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    I sure would like to see Meister-levels of custom work on a Macross toy Gamblor!

After playing around some more with my 1/60 VF-1A, i'm keen to get another toy of this calibur.

But - what to choose! I don't mind the VF22S Max or Gamlin schemes, and the VF-11B got great reviews, so the 11C is an option, although it looks a bit plain and lacking tampo's for the price. And then the VF-27 is looking pretty cool too!

Just going off the variants of those that are already out, would someone care to recommend their favourite & why? As much as i'd love to, i think i can only spring for one as long as i'm still married :P
    The 11-B is great but it's also very simlar to the VF-1 transformation and one of the simpler Valks - not that it's a bad thing, it's possibly my favourite. The VF-22 Valks are reasonably complex without the QC issues - it has to be transformed in an exact order otherwise you have to go back a few stages to correct something and repeat. I have the 27 on order as it looks great - I'm not such a big fan of Bandai's VF-25s tho.

SV-51 - complex with occasional QC spots
    VF-0A/S - really good despite needing replacement sholders
    VF-19 - mine is really loose but apparently that got better with later releases.

Of the higher end Yamato Valks I only have the VF-0 and the SV-51 Ivanov. The SV-51 is my favourte being such a menacing looking bird. The VF-0 is pretty nice to, though the shoulders scare me a bit, they have no visible stress marks or anything else, but the rumours spook me.

Regarding the VF-22 and VF-11, I don't have either. I'm planning to get the VF-22 in Max Jenius colours, cause it's Max, and blue and gold make a good contrast. I like the VF-11C to, however I must admit the reason I'd be getting the variant colour schemes, is because I had the Macross Plus 1/100 versions of both toys, so it feels less like buying the same toy that way. Macross Plus is still a billion times cooler than Macross 7 as far as the anime goes.

I'd just get the Valkyrie that you think is coolest and get you're favourte colour scheme. That's how I got my SV-51, I spent ages in a japanese hobby store trying to decide between it, the Nora Type, The VF-0 and the YF-19. It has a few minor isues but I've never regreted getting it.

Yeah, i have an original release YF-19 but the left shoudler is broken (you might remember, hereticpoo had it up for sale). No biggy since i would probably only display in fighter mode regardless - but i've been meaning to get my wife to speak to Yamato about a replacement (annnnd we just realised Yamato's website doesn't have email contacts... so we'll have to call!) The fighter mode is awesome but at least this one, the other 2 modes are pretty loose.

Although i like the SV-51 design, i'd feel more comfortable getting a newer release since Yamato's track record has been getting better recently. I think i like the VF-11 the best, but like a few of the people on Macrossworld, i would much prefer the VFX Raven scheme:

Not sure of the likelihood of this one getting a release though...? It's not like Yamato are shy of repainting, but it seems pretty obscure?