Page 27 of 307 FirstFirst ... 71722232425262728293031323747 ... LastLast

Thread: Yamato & Bandai Macross Toys

Well my VF 11B from the previously mentioned sale arrived today, though I'm saving it for Xmas.

However my real reason for reopening this thread was to post this link to more cut scenes from the Macross fever pachinko game, man these look good. I think we should all start praying for an Eva rebuild style Macross remake now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDhBu...eature=related

The missus has decided to be extremely generous this Xmas and wants to buy me a toy - but she wants it to be a toy that makes a statement, "not a single, pissy toy that I'll transform once and then put away" (refering to my TFs and Gundams). So I suggested a Macross valkyrie and showed her pics of some that I desired. She's decided she likes either the Bandai Armoured Ozma VF-25S or the Yamato 1/60 YF-21 with Fast Packs. I'm leaning towards the YF-21. So, anyone know the cheapest, in-stock site to grab it? I found the cheapest on ebay to be $235 US shipped, anyone do better than that?
    If I want your opinion, I'll give it to you

My sales thread: Linky

Amiami has 1 in stock but i'm not sure how much they'd hit you for shipping.

Dammnit, I saw it on sale during the HLJ sale, but its gone now. The 21/22 never lasts when it goes on sale.

I'd go Amiami too, though yeah I've yet to find out how hard they hit for shipping.

Yeah, I remember seeing it last week on HLJ on special and I checked it earlier and it had gone back up. Now I'm kicking myself hard for using the money I could have used for the YF-21 on goddamn pressies for relatives whom I'm sure won't even acknowledge Xmas anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Fungal Infection View Post
    The missus has decided to be extremely generous this Xmas and wants to buy me a toy - but she wants it to be a toy that makes a statement, "not a single, pissy toy that I'll transform once and then put away" (refering to my TFs and Gundams). So I suggested a Macross valkyrie and showed her pics of some that I desired. She's decided she likes either the Bandai Armoured Ozma VF-25S or the Yamato 1/60 YF-21 with Fast Packs. I'm leaning towards the YF-21. So, anyone know the cheapest, in-stock site to grab it? I found the cheapest on ebay to be $235 US shipped, anyone do better than that?
    Have you seen or handled a 21 or 22? They're kinda complex and not the sort of Valk I think you'd transform alot if that's an issue. Although the Ozma's armor is supposed to be really loose/fiddley.

If you're set on the YF-21 then I'd go with Amiami too. Otherwise maybe email HK Collectibles ( $165 + shipping ) to see if they will be getting more in stock, if you can wait. I used them once before for a few items and they took 50% off the price of one cos the box was mildly creased' but it was only one available. They also have the VF-22S Gamlin for $150 if you're not fussed about the lack of FAST packs and stand or the different colors/cockpit/head - rather tempting actually, it is a great mold.
    Which brings us to where we are today...

I don't really handle my valks that often so that isn't an issue. The only reason I'm going for the YF-21 over the Ozma is because I already have the VF-25F with armour already so in essense, I already have the mold whereas I don't have a 21 in my collection (I sold my 1/72 version off recently). I'm tempted by the Gamlin but I want to complete my Mac Plus triumvirate first before branching out to a series I'm not entirely keen on (Mac 7).

Quote Originally Posted by Tober View Post
    Have you seen or handled a 21 or 22? They're kinda complex and not the sort of Valk I think you'd transform alot if that's an issue. Although the Ozma's armor is supposed to be really loose/fiddley.
    They say that about the SV 51 too, but that doesn't stop the determined, hehe! Although Fungal said a toy that makes a statment, and the 21/22 from what I've seen definately makes a statment. And that stament is I look incredibly awesome, look at me!

I thought you had the Ozama already Fungal, but then I realised you have the exclusive Alto armour, lucky devil. At least you know what your in for then. One day I have to see one of those toys at a TF meet.

I have recently been looking into Robotech/Macross and noticed the Revoltech Kanzen Henkei. I started a thread in the Toys section and have now become more interested in the other Macross figures aswell.

The whole toyline is very confusing and thanks to Tober I now have more of an understanding about what I want.

But I have a few questions that I would like answered here, some will be repeated from my other thread, so here we go

I have decided that the 1/100 scale is the best and most cost effective line to collect, so which is better? The Toynami 1/100 or Bandai VF100? Are the compatible with each other? Not interchangeable, I just want to know if they look good together

Which 1/100 manufacturer will continue to release more Valkyrie versions? Bandai or Toynami?

Is there any enemy vehicles released in toy form?

Are the Revoltech Valkyries any good? Is the Revoltech Regult any good?

Is there any chance of Super/Strike packs being released for the Revoltech Kanzen Henkei?

Is there any plans to continue the Revoltech Kanzen Henkei line to include other Valkyries?

Does anyone have a list of all the current 1/100 releases? Only transformable toys, not model kits

Thanks

New pics of the upcoming Bandai 'Hi-Metal' 1/100 VF-19 Kai. Not sure what the deal is with the sound booster - separate release maybe..?

More prototype shots of the upcoming Bandai 'Hi-Metal' 1/100 VF-1S. Still not sure how much parts-forming is involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Raider View Post
    I have recently been looking into Robotech/Macross and noticed the Revoltech Kanzen Henkei. I started a thread in the Toys section and have now become more interested in the other Macross figures aswell.

The whole toyline is very confusing and thanks to Tober I now have more of an understanding about what I want.

But I have a few questions that I would like answered here, some will be repeated from my other thread, so here we go

I have decided that the 1/100 scale is the best and most cost effective line to collect, so which is better? The Toynami 1/100 or Bandai VF100? Are the compatible with each other? Not interchangeable, I just want to know if they look good together
    Bandai has only released the VF-25 series (from Macross Frontier) in 1/100 scale so far. The were pretty much panned by most reviewers. The '100s' line is thought to have been canceled as a result and thus the new 'Hi-Metal' line which features some die-cast content. This speculation only tho.

Which 1/100 manufacturer will continue to release more Valkyrie versions? Bandai or Toynami?
    I would be putting money on Bandai. Toynami don't have licenses beyond the original Macross series and movie. I think WAVE have some of the destroids planned as model kits in 1/100 scale but we have only seen prototypes so far.

Is there any enemy vehicles released in toy form?
    In 1/100 scale? I don't think so... Toynami have announced a PVC version of the Regult/Battle Pod next month in 1/100 scale.

There is the Revoltech Regult, the Yamato 1/60 Blue Queadlunn-Rau, and various other non-scalar vintage toys from the 80s... can't think of any others off the top of my head currently...

Are the Revoltech Valkyries any good? Is the Revoltech Regult any good?
    I liked them, simple and fun like they should be. The Regult is highly posable too but the problem with mine is that the Revoltech joints wear out and become floppy in dynamic poses.

Is there any chance of Super/Strike packs being released for the Revoltech Kanzen Henkei?
    Unknown. It hasn't been released but I can't see any obvious attachment points for them...

Is there any plans to continue the Revoltech Kanzen Henkei line to include other Valkyries?
    No plans have been announced yet.

Does anyone have a list of all the current 1/100 releases? Only transformable toys, not model kits

Thanks
    I think there's only the ones already mentioned. 1/100 isn't a common scale for Macross toys. Only other one I can think of is the Yamato VB-6 Koenig Monster (which was a bit of a mess).

But my knowledge of Macross toys pre-2000 isn't good.
    Which brings us to where we are today...