Page 2 of 307 FirstFirst 12345671222 ... LastLast

Thread: Yamato & Bandai Macross Toys

I would recommend checking out the new 1/60 Vs 2 Valkyries from Yamato
    That VF-1S is seriously tempting.

Fungal your collection is so nicely organised and setup.

Another question, when you put the additional parts on (ie on this one) what happens to the tail wings? I can't see them in any photos of this model .. but they don't detach do they?

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    Thanks for the info guys! I think those DVD's will have to wait over other toy purchases, tho i'll see if i can't find them through other means!
    Yeah, try before you buy if you can. Macross is sort of an aquired taste. If you don't like J Pop it can be rather unbearable at times, otherwise I just fast forward. 'M: DYRL?' is probably the most accessable and best part of Macross as there isn't as much singing and it gets violent in that over-the-top Japanime way. Only thing is that it's kinda a spoiler if you ever want to watch 'SDF: Macross' later.

Tober, regarding the VF-0 design, i'm quite fond of it as well - Is this the one with the fixed shoulder you were referring to?
    If that's the re-release then it will have fixed sholders. Macrossworld.com is down currently so I can't confirm it has been reissued yet.

You mentioned the height of 1/48, how tall/long are the 1/60 VF-1 in battroid/fighter mode?
    It's 21cm tall to the height of the top of its head, 26cm long in fighter mode. Rougly 3/4 the size of MP Starscream who is also about 1/60.

Noone has really suggested a YF-19, any reason for that?
    It's not one of my favourite Valks, I'm in a minority there tho. The toy I have is rather loose as well, I don't know if that was rectified in later releases. I also have a 1/100 VB-6 Koenig Monster (after I saw one at a meet that Lord Zed bough along I finally cracked) which has loose arms also - it was only released once.

With the upcoming Bandai ones - how long has it been since Bandai made Valkyries? They certainly look good in the prototype pics - have any comparisons been made quality wise between Yamato & the new Bandai's (will prolly have to wait till they come out!)?
    Bandai haven't really made Valkyries since the late 90s (VFX-2 game). I think that's a VF-17 Nightmare in Fungal's display. I don't think there were any serious problems with any of their releases - they typically lead the way in toy design because of their patented molding technology. The Bandai Evangelion Movie Realisation toy I got last year is outstanding in terms of design and quality. The Aquarion GD-99 was apparently a masterpiece from Bandai as well as being a 'Toy of the Year' and was designed by Kawamori so he seems to know how to get good results from manufacturers.

There are no realistic comparisons yet. Bandai tend to keep relatively quiet about their releases and keep making changes to their prototypes without updating their retailers. There are now pics ot the new VF-25 1/100 toy:

The toy is the prototype grey one at bottom right. The colored one is th 1/72 transformable model kit. The 1/100 currently looks to be more proportionally correct than the 1/60

This is the upcoming Yamato 1/60 VF-1J:

and the upcoming Yamato 1/60 2 seater VF-1D:

Another question, when you put the additional parts on (ie on this one) what happens to the tail wings? I can't see them in any photos of this model .. but they don't detach do they?
    No, they fold underneath. There are other FAST pack variations where they sit on top - the Super Ostrich and the VE-1 Elint Seeker. These haven't been released in the new 1/60 line yet tho and I'm really looking forward to them.

I would take pics but I don't currently have a digiital camera. My collection is smaller than Fungal's tho. I like the way that the Macross stuff is posed next to speakers and a guitar
    Which brings us to where we are today...

Oh so pretty.
    I will have to stop looking in here or i will bight into my TF budget!

I got into Macross by researching Robotech- Only to discover (in my opinion) the Macross universe is far better. Those Valkryies are sweet- always wanted a Scull Leader. Im tempted to start collecting the figures but im trying to stay focused on the Transformers. Trying very hard!
    -----------------------------------------------
    Collecting transformers- a good way to get poor
    Transformer count= too many

Currently in search of:
    G1 goodness

I watched Robotech as a kid, then got into Macross later when I discovered anime. I've always been a fan of Valkyries preffering them design wise to even Tf's. Though there's more diversity in Tf's.

I have a few Valkyries, probably a few less than Tober and Fungal. I stopped collecting them for a few years but then started again when I bought the SV 51 in Japan.

I also back everything Tober said. After seeing his new 1-60 VF 1, I ordered one straight away. it finnaly arived a few days ago, and so far its flawless, solid in every mode and looks great to. I'd recommend this Valkyrie as the one to start with, as it has the benefits of the latest in sculpting technology and Yamato's 10 odd years of excperience making Valkyries. Its early days for mine but based on what I've seen looks like a winner. Also the price point is not as heavy as the bigger ones.

I'm thinking I might have to get the VF1 D now to.

If your not in a rush I recommend watching Macross and picking out your favourte Valkyrie and getting that one.

A little to the left... a little bit more...

What a cool thread!

I've always preferred the Bandai Chunky Monkeys (G1 Jetfire mould), my favourite being the VF-1J head. Bandai are doing some pretty cool things with these in the next year or so. They're releasing the DYLR VF-1As (Hikaru and Max) with Fast Packs soon, followed by the 2 Strike VF-1S figures.

But apparently it was announced at SDCC, that they are going to be releasing Bandai 1/55 Veritech Fighters as part of a Commemorative Robotech line in the US in 2009. They are all going to be given new head sculpts too (more anime accurate) - and that includes a brand new Bandai VF-1D sculpted head!

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Havn't they already released the 25th anniversary?

http://www.hlj.com/hljlist2/?MacroTy...cross%20bandai
    Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------

I definitely saw the 2 HLJ is listing as in stock, instore in Japan, in early August. You guys have sold me on the newer VF-1's, now i'm just trying to think of which version i want, and how i can justify it to my wife, more than a year before actually going back to Japan .. lol

Do any of you have a preference with the Super & Strike parts? I prefer the clean look of without, but i don't think i can pass up the detailing on the inside once you remove the covers.

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Quote Originally Posted by MV75 View Post
    Havn't they already released the 25th anniversary?
    It's started! The Hikaru (VF-1J) & the Roy (VF-1S) are reissues like the 2001 ones (with added heat shield on the 1J). The 2 VF-1As don't appear to be out yet - although listed as arriving in August! It's the first time the DYRL Max has been released in the Bandai 1/55 line. The 2 Strike VF-1S figures from DYRL are also coming!

The Robotech line, however, is an entirely different thing! Apparently it will include:

VF-1S Roy Fokker
    VF-1J Rick Hunter
    VF-1A Ben
    VF-1A Max
    VF-1D
    VF-1J Max
    VF-1J Miriya
    VF-1A CF

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    Do any of you have a preference with the Super & Strike parts? I prefer the clean look of without
    I personally prefer the Super fast packs. The Strike is pretty cool though!