Page 32 of 307 FirstFirst ... 122227282930313233343536374252 ... LastLast

Thread: Yamato & Bandai Macross Toys

What is it with Bandai and these damn exclusives (Green VF-27 and Sound Booster)?

As for the HI-Metal series wish they'd do some more Valkyries that haven't been released in umpteen versions. The Kai was a good start, but it would have been nice if they followed up with remakes of the rest of their old Macross 7 line.

Still it will be interesting to see if the YF-21 brings anything new to the table (always a fan of the 21's and 22's), but if the VF 1 is the same price as the Kai it would have to be bloody amazing to compete with the Yamato 1/60.

Anyone got one of the DX VF-27's yet? Keen to hear opinions!

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    Anyone got one of the DX VF-27's yet? Keen to hear opinions!
    Not yet........

My VF-27 arrived this morning. I'm much happier with it than the VF-25. The hip articulation is a bit limited but otherwise everything else is right. No short neck, no strangely proportioned arms or high hips (line art accurate anyway). It is a more complex transformation with lots of sharp edges tho. The 101 markings on the tail fins are a bit wonky tho. The stand that appears on the previos page is an exclusive too.. No stand is included with the VF-27.

One of the admins on MacrossWorld ripped off a chunk of nose paint during transformation, so be careful there.

As for the Hi-Metals 1/100, given the relative scale differences between the VF-19 and VF-1 I'm sure it will be relatively cheaper by proportion. I'm wondering if the heat-shield will be a swap-out or if they will go with Yamato's solution.

I'm happy enough with the Kai to invest in the YF-21 as well. Because of the VF-19 I'm sure there will be a YF-19 with similar transformation features - different dimensions tho.
    Which brings us to where we are today...

How big would this Tomahawk be? At 1/72 it's the same scale as the Hasegawa VF-1 battroids.

Wow. I hadn't seen or heard of those yet. I have a couple 1/60 Yamato Destroids. Anyone have an opinion of how Wave products compare?

Quote Originally Posted by jaydisc View Post
    Wow. I hadn't seen or heard of those yet. I have a couple 1/60 Yamato Destroids. Anyone have an opinion of how Wave products compare?
    I would guess as a model kit the Wave destroid would have an advantage in detail and price, while the Yamato would have the edge in durability and articulation.

This is only a guess though based on general modelkits vs toys.

I have the Wave SDF1 Macross, which isnot a model kit, but it is extremely detailed, but also fragile and small.

Quote Originally Posted by Tober View Post
    As for the Hi-Metals 1/100, given the relative scale differences between the VF-19 and VF-1 I'm sure it will be relatively cheaper by proportion. I'm wondering if the heat-shield will be a swap-out or if they will go with Yamato's solution.

I'm happy enough with the Kai to invest in the YF-21 as well. Because of the VF-19 I'm sure there will be a YF-19 with similar transformation features - different dimensions tho.
    I would have thought the most obvious advantage of the Hi_metal having swap parts would be to allow the VF 1 to have removable side covers in battroid mode. The one in the pic doesn't do much for me so far, but we'll see how it develops. The 21 could be interesting, I wonder if the shoulders will be swap parts? I was very impressed with the way the Yamato dealt with the shoulders, hope the Bandai follows suite.

Ah, it's a model? How can I tell?

UPDATE: I see

This item is an injection-plastic kit of a science-fiction/anime item.
    Well, that's poo poo. I don't want a mode. Is it pre-painted?

According to AmiAmi:

Spec Plastic Model Kit

Size: 170mm (1/72 Scale)

Details: Renowned for the high level of quality in their 1/100 scale Macross kits, Wave has is kicking off a new series of 1/72 scale Destroid kits as well, with the Tomahawk as their first entry! Featuring snap-fit modeling and polycap construction for a wide range of movement and poseability this kit will be a great addition to your Macross collection! With opening cockpit and missile pods, among other features, start branching out on your Macross universe today!
    Doesn't mention if it is pre-painted or not, and I don't know enough about their kits to guess.
    Which brings us to where we are today...

Quote Originally Posted by Tober View Post
    According to AmiAmi:

Doesn't mention if it is pre-painted or not, and I don't know enough about their kits to guess.
    I'd be surprised if it was pre-painted to the level in that picture, pleasantly surprised, but surprised none the less. I imagine it's molded in the basic colours but the rest is up to you.