Page 33 of 307 FirstFirst ... 132328293031323334353637384353 ... LastLast

Thread: Yamato & Bandai Macross Toys

Quote Originally Posted by Tober View Post
    According to AmiAmi:

Doesn't mention if it is pre-painted or not, and I don't know enough about their kits to guess.
    That's pretty expensive for something smaller than a VF-1 battroid. Wave 6800yen to Hasegawa 3800yen for their most expensive version. I expect it to be an unpainted kit going by their other offerings.

Are you keen gamblor? Is the scale important? I have a 1/60 Defender and Tomahawk and happy to take pics next to something if you're possibly interested in those.

It's gotta be 1/72 to fit with stuff in my collection and be an unassembled kit. Having it pre-painted means stripping it and repainting it to a standard I would be happy with.

Gotchya, so this is what you're looking for.

Yamato are re-issuing some of the 1/48 and 1/60 Valks with new packing:

1/48 VF-1S Focker & Hikaru:
    http://www.yamato-toys.com/items/detail.php?gid=1601
    http://www.yamato-toys.com/items/detail.php?gid=1602

YF-21 & 19:
    http://www.yamato-toys.com/items/detail.php?gid=1599
    http://www.yamato-toys.com/items/detail.php?gid=1600

The YF-21 won't have the stand included this time. I don't know if improvements have been made to the YF-19.

--------------------

Soft Bank Publishing is issuing another Variable Fighter Master File book, this time for the VF-19 Excalibur... interesting choice
    Which brings us to where we are today...

Have they actualy made any improvments to the 1/48's or 19? Or are these straight repackaging of old toys.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    Have they actualy made any improvments to the 1/48's or 19? Or are these straight repackaging of old toys.
    I haven't read anything confirming that. I would expect that the YF-19 has been improved, but yeah, nothing confirmed...

I don't think that there were any actual problems with the 1/48 line that weren't addressed by the second releases.
    Which brings us to where we are today...

Quote Originally Posted by Tober View Post
    My VF-27 arrived this morning. I'm much happier with it than the VF-25. The hip articulation is a bit limited but otherwise everything else is right. No short neck, no strangely proportioned arms or high hips (line art accurate anyway). It is a more complex transformation with lots of sharp edges tho. The 101 markings on the tail fins are a bit wonky tho. The stand that appears on the previos page is an exclusive too.. No stand is included with the VF-27.
    Got my VF-27 last week thanks to Tober, and my imprssion of it pretty much mirrors what he's already said. Yes it's a definitive improvement over the 25. Obviously the a year of development has helped them with the 27, and I'm glad because I prefer the design to the 25 even without the improvements. Bandai must have had a look at the competition and listened to feed back, as this one has improved detail all round, locks together better, is sleeker and more articulation than the 25. As Tober says it does have the wonky tail markings though.

Bandai's toys are definitely improving I sure hope they make a 171 Nightmare now.

kLvru Guest

Hi, I'm a fan of macross and recently I found out this forum is talking about it, I might not be asking at the right topic but does anyone know where can I get 1/60 Valks in brisbane? or i have to buy online through ami ami, hlj and so on? Have anyone heard of bigbadtoystore.com?

This is a good place to post Macross questions.

I don't know if they sell 1/60 Valks in Brisbane, if they did though the mark up would probably be considerable. It's better to order as close to the source as possible.

Similar to above for Bigbad toystore the Valks get shipped to America then to you, so your paying a mark up again. Also their shipping is usually more than from Japan.

Amiami and HLJ are much better options.

Overdrive and Angloz are decent to I hear, though I have little experience with them.