Page 16 of 307 FirstFirst ... 611121314151617181920212636 ... LastLast

Thread: Yamato & Bandai Macross Toys

the VF-25 looks very cheap and a bit tacky compared to the others i think.
    ~

Here's my Alto armour pack fixed to a VF-25G:

This is an extremely fiddly kit. Everything fits into place but too much handling and the smaller parts will fall off. Also, the boosters make the battroid mode very top-heavy so posing can be an issue without the included display stand. I think it looks best in fighter mode. Gerwalk mode requires that you attach supports to the underside to support the weight of the boosters which is disappointing but considering how much engineering would have been required to produce this in the first place, I don't see how it could have been done any other way. Just need to get me an Alto VF-25F now.....
    If I want your opinion, I'll give it to you

My sales thread: Linky

Quote Originally Posted by Fungal Infection View Post
    This is an extremely fiddly kit. Everything fits into place but too much handling and the smaller parts will fall off. Also, the boosters make the battroid mode very top-heavy so posing can be an issue without the included display stand. I think it looks best in fighter mode. Gerwalk mode requires that you attach supports to the underside to support the weight of the boosters which is disappointing but considering how much engineering would have been required to produce this in the first place, I don't see how it could have been done any other way. Just need to get me an Alto VF-25F now.....
    Thanks, that's what I heard. I'm waiting for them to release the Ozma armor parts separately, otherwise I can do without.
    Which brings us to where we are today...

Quote Originally Posted by Fungal Infection View Post

Does the latch that holds the groin and the pack together come undone because of the extra weight on the back? Becuase that's what bothers me about the Fast packs. I heard they had finally fixed the armour for the thighs to?

Anyways it looks very nice, but the only way for me to get it now is to buy another VF 25, and I'd rather get a new mould.

Quote Originally Posted by STL View Post
    Darn you guys. I'm very tempted by this. Could I ask how sturdy and tall is this? My memory of a lot of Gundam stuff (which I know isn't quite the same) was build and not very playable. Are these reasonably solid? They look lovely in all the pictures and all I'm really worried about is their playability.
    So to summarise based on Fungals report, the bits on the outside are fiddly and not very playable, but the Valkyrie itself without the bits is fairly durable.

Quote Originally Posted by Dkaris View Post
    the VF-25 looks very cheap and a bit tacky compared to the others i think.
    It's uglier alright, but not cheap. It's built a bit tougher than Yamato's, and has a certain heft to it thank's to the diecast. Although If I only had one Valkyrie I'd still prefer a Yamato.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    Does the latch that holds the groin and the pack together come undone because of the extra weight on the back? Becuase that's what bothers me about the Fast packs. I heard they had finally fixed the armour for the thighs to?
    Because the Armoured pack is considerably heavier than the fast packs, the latch is even more likely to come apart. You really have to pose the valk perfectly to get it to stand. I even had to spread the wing/boosters outwards to spread the weight of the boosters to the sides to prevent the battroid mode toppling over (see pics above). I find its less of an issue with the regular fast pack, in fact it poses rather well and holds together solidly although the problem with the smaller fiddly bits coming off is still prevalent. The leg armour and boosters hold in place very well, but the chest, arm guards and rear piece have a tendancy to pop off if overly handled, which is an issue with both fast pack and armour kits.
    If I want your opinion, I'll give it to you

My sales thread: Linky

Nice Fungal!

I tried my luck out and bought a VF-25F but I didn't realise it was a model kit and not a complete transforming one. I've since spent the last few nights trying to put it together. And to boot, i spent $70 more than I should've

Can anyone advise me whether these will be fully transforming without having to build first?

http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN959033

http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN960342
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

Quote Originally Posted by STL View Post
    Nice Fungal!

I tried my luck out and bought a VF-25F but I didn't realise it was a model kit and not a complete transforming one. I've since spent the last few nights trying to put it together. And to boot, i spent $70 more than I should've

Can anyone advise me whether these will be fully transforming without having to build first?

http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN959033

http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN960342
    Oops, hope you have fun building it at least.

The first link is the 1/100 toy which requires a fair amount of parts-swapping and was apparently really loose and not alot of fun. Many online reviews bagged them. The proportions were more like the model kit tho.

The second link is the '1/60 DX' which is the sturdier toy but with the compromised proportions.

This is probably the one you're after:

http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN956817

But the armor is fiddly and compromises it's posability - as Fungal mentioned. And really expensive.

by god i find those 25's ugly. they just look so... crowded? with the packs and all. i d unno its probably just me. I like style but it just seems a bit over the top
    ~

I think they're ok. The bare VF-25 fighter is quite nice looking - battroid a bit too anorexic, but alright. It is interesting that it can transform with that armor pack on tho - most other heavy armour packs have to be ejected to allow the battroid to transform.

----------------

And yeah, that 1/48 VF-19 looks great. There is a 1/48 VF-25 kit coming as well but it's unknown if it can transform either.