Page 43 of 307 FirstFirst ... 233338394041424344454647485363 ... LastLast

Thread: Yamato & Bandai Macross Toys

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post
    I finally got around to ordering a YF-19 (Bird of Prey). I'm eagerly awaiting its arrival and am considering getting into the Macross shows (I've got Macross Zero kicking around on a hard drive but no English subs for it )
    I've been keeping watch for either that or the Double Nuts in hopes of getting it cheaply, and the best I've seen is HK Collectibles which is down to about A$110 before shipping. Were you able to find better?

I ordered from Angolz, which was USD$120 before shipping (which works out to about AUD$109.50)
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Quote Originally Posted by Dkaris View Post
    anyone know any online stores to find some of the older vF-1S 1/60 valks? im after fockers and not having much luck =[
    Which Focker are you after? DYRL or SDF?
    Which brings us to where we are today...

Quote Originally Posted by Tober View Post
    Which Focker are you after? DYRL or SDF?

either, im not picky =]
    ~

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post
    I ordered from Angolz, which was USD$120 before shipping (which works out to about AUD$109.50)
    Cool, thanks. Keen to hear your thoughts. I'm not ready to jump in just yet.

Yamato 1/60 VF-19 Kai updates (release in a few days...):

Video showing how shiny the Kai is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BH5dE...layer_embedded

Shows transformation from fighter to gerwalk.

Detail of Basara figure (strangely not in his flight suit):

Sound Booster:

Speaker Pod Gamma:

I'm in Japan atm and patiently waiting for this to ship!
    Early impressions on MWF are positive... when i get mine, i'll post my feedback with some photos too hopefully!

Lucky Kurdt. :P

HLJ just invoiced me for the Kai.

As one story ends, another begins...

Yamato 1/60 VF-17 announced:

Argg, for some reason Amazon isn't shipping until tomorrow!
    No need for me to take photos at least, with all these awesome galleries and reviews popping up.

Very pleased with VF17 news, just the day before it was announced, i was remarking to my wife "it must be coming next" when we saw a papercraft version in the local hobby shop! Diamond calling!!
    Last edited by kurdt_the_goat; 19th May 2011 at 06:34 PM.

Got mine today! Happy to report no breakages or QC issues.
    There's a sliding bar in the nosecone that is really tight to move, but i didn't think it was at risk of breakage.

Normally when i open the box i'm straight to transforming, but the fighter mode is so exquisite and solid i must have admired it for a good 30 mins before even taking the landing gear out! Not sure if it's new from the VF-11 (haven't got one) but i really appreciated the locking mechanism for the rear landing gear, especially since playing with my VF-22S recently, whose landing gear keeps collapsing on itself.

The transform is excellently done - and it's simple to do considering how well everything locks together. There are seriously locks all over the place that you don't even realise are there until it clicks in. The chest in battroid, understandably after the YF-19, seems to have been paid particular attention, to make it lock in every way possible! It's stunning. This is also the first valkyrie where i think i might actually display sometimes in Gerwalk mode; the A-stance & angle of the nose is a thing to behold, and it's incredibly sturdy.

Everything looks perfectly painted, especially fine details like on the missiles and opened shoulders.

The intake covers not being removeable are the only slight disappointment. And, i noticed on the sticker sheet one of the profiles of VF-19 has a misplaced "B"! Something i'm sure everyone can live with! :P There are also no guidelines for sticker placement, a nice touch to make your VF-19 truly custom!

Overall, I think this will be hard to top for toy of the year...
    Even though i still think MP Rodimus Prime is great despite it's faults, the comprehensive attention to detail on this toy really makes RP's engineering appear amateurish.

Not to rain on anyone's parade, but i sincerely hope anyone buying the old YF-19 isn't dissuaded from trying this new toy at some point, it is literally night and day between them!

Bring on the VF-17!!!