Page 32 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1222272829303132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: The Sneaker Thread

I'm after those as well, Megatran. Good luck!

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Have avoided buying sneakers for too long since every time i look there's never a design i like ... but my hand was forced this weekend due to current pair ripping completely across the front mesh. That's the 2nd pair of Asics that have done that (despite them improving the section with another piece over the big toe area). So despite liking Asics designs the most (generally) i was thinking it might be time for a change.

The new pair has to be no mesh, preferably light, looks good, comfy and so on. Pretty much impossible then, about 5 stores later I stumbled across exactly what i was looking for:

Asics again but no mesh, and they have a unique cushioned tongue section that integrates with the heel so they're super comfy.

I get home and my wife is like hey don't they look like that toy you've got ... "which one?" ... and she points to MP Hot Rod.... hmm i guess they do! Then she goes "oh and the colour is also like Nintendo Famicom.. at this point i'm thinking shit have i've been completely brainwashed by toys and games!

Akky82 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Got me some New Balance 996 Toky Design House - Black this week. Been looking for something that instantly takes my fancy since my black 410's were ripped last October. I saw the 996's in swanston st Platypus shoes 2 weeks ago but was indecisive. Went to northland the next day (instead of highpoint, ugh wish i'd gone highpoint) and they had none. Checked online, my size sold out, went to a store in brisbane and they said none in qld but they ordered them in.

Pretty happy, love the reflective silver on the back, tongue and laces, but especially love the actual reflector N. I'm like a kid... shiny stuff!

I'm picky with sneakers, I dont collect i just wear one pair everywhere until they're worn out. If onitsuka tiger had made more sakurada i'd buy them any day, probably any colour too, they were my favourite, but now they're falling apart and consigned to wearing for my work commute (actually right now they're being used to hold down the corners of weed matting in the back yard >_< ).

Megatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by dirge View Post
    I'm after those as well, Megatran. Good luck!
    Missed out again. Hope you had better luck dirge.
    Last edited by Megatran; 15th March 2015 at 08:11 PM.

man-pawns-283-pairs-of-jordan-to-buy-his-future-wife-a-house/

We can convert this to sell shoe/toy collection for house downpayment

Akky82 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcomp View Post
    man-pawns-283-pairs-of-jordan-to-buy-his-future-wife-a-house/

We can convert this to sell shoe/toy collection for house downpayment
    For a moment I was prepared for this to be an article about my brother (he's getting married in 2 weeks, been collecting since like '94 maybe).

We actually talked about his collection recently, his wife to be hasn't seen them before, so she'll get a surprise when they move in post wedding. But yeah he mentioned being worried that a lot of them might just fall apart if handled/worn.

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    Missed out again. Hope you had better luck dirge.
    Yeah I snagged me a pair.

Kurdt, I've seen those Asics Gel Lyte Vs. Not my thing but quality looking shoe with good materials & inner bootie.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

When is the release date for Kyrie 1 brotherhood?