Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers Movies and Cartoons on Free-TV

Monday had the first commercial that I saw to tell us that the first five TFs movies are on fridays... a few days after the first one had screened.
    Must be getting close to having the Bumblebee movie on free to air, as it came out 2 years ago.

Just saw on tonights TV guide that the 2007 Movie is on channel 9go at 8.30pm.
    Again a surprise to not see any commercials for it, and i only have free TV.

The free to air networks just don't seem to have room to advertise their other programs anymore, because every ad break is filled with the same commercials of their next/current reality show.

The 2009 Movie is/was on tonight.... so if they are showing them all every thursday, that used to be something they advertise (particularly when it is a set of movies each week like Star Wars, Harry Potter, MIB, etc).

I flicked over and it was Sam arriving at his dorm room and meeting Leo, and his mum getting stoned... that was so embarrassing.
    And the twins... cringe-worthy racial stereotyping.

DOTM is/was on tonight... so we will probably see AOE and TLK in the next two weeks.
    The last time they showed all of the movies each week I thought it was going to be leading into the premiere screening of the Bumblebee movie, as it was almost 2 years old, but this time it has to be showing after the fifth movie, being 2 years and 3 months old.

As expected, Age of Exctinction is on this Thursday.
    Same bat time, same bat channel...

The Last Knight is on tonight.

Let's see if the new Bumblebee Movie is on next week.

No Bumblebee Movie this week... ah well.

Bumblebee premiers on channel 9 this Saturday at 830. Just saw a commercial for it.

About damn time... over two and half years after its cinema release.
    Even though I have it on DVD, I still like to see it on the regular TV for others to get to see it for the first time, or for some of us fans to have it on just because it is on.
    The details on the Nine network website.

I wonder why it takes so long for movies to be allowed to be shown on free-to-air, especially since video/dvd rentals no longer exist, so they don't have to wait for a minimum rental period. The Bumblebee Movie was released on DVD/BR/Digital late April 2019, over two years ago... after a few weeks or even a couple months for those people who were keen to buy a copy, can't it start playing on TV?
    They get money from TV screenings, so why wait all that time when they could have been getting this screening fee two years ago when DVD/BR/digital sales dropped off.

Maybe Netflix had an exclusive rights deal on it? Those streaming rights and the DVD/Bluray purchase period would replace the older rental periods.

It could have gone straight to Paramount Plus and skipped free-to-air altogether!