Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 389101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Transformers Movies and Cartoons on Free-TV

The first three had sexual references (Sam's Happy time, and in DOTM his parents talking about how well endowed he must be to land another hottie), so if it is because of content that prevents ROTF from being shown, it must be the drug references... but it seems a rather minor thing considering all of the violence.

The Bumblebee Movie is on tomorrow night (Sunday) on channel 9go at 7.30.
    The first I saw an advertisement for it was tonight during the Hobbit movie... so they don't seem to do much advance warning these days with their movies.

I watched Desolation of Smaug already this week? Watched Bumblebee last night I don’t plan to watch anything in advance I just switch on the TV just for the hell of it, and just for the surprise. Brings back fond memories of when TV movies was a thing, I just zone out and relax.

Latest Channel 10 commercials of their TV content for the Summer break have been including the first few live Transformers Movies... so maybe they have finally shifted over from the Nine network, since Paramount and Channel 10 have the same owners and share content. (the movies would already be on Paramount+ so it was only a matter of time until Channel 10 was allowed to started screening them for free)

The one problem that the Nine network had with the Transformers movies was the habit of starting them before 8.30pm thinking that they were just kids movies, and as such would cut out some parts of the more violent bits.
    Let's see if Channel 10 plays them later and in full... but the downside will be having to watch/hear commercials for the next reality show (currently the Bachelor) at the start of EVERY commercial break. It makes me avoid watching the 10 network channels, and just record their programs so that I can skip those annoying commercials.

Friday 30th has a double-feature, of the first two Movies, from 7pm on Channel 10.
    The early start could mean some edits from the first movie... as I think Channel 9 cut some of the more gruesome robot killing.

Channel 10 continues playing the Transformer movies for the first time, with the third movie (DOTM) on tonight at 10pm, and the 4th movie (AofE) on tomorrow night at 10pm.

I can't believe how bad DOTM was, story-wise... I tried watching some of it last night, and it was just so confusing and cringe-worthy (I turned onto it just before the "Deep Wang" scene), I just couldn't watch it after about 30 minutes (I probably haven't seen it in full since 2011).
    And tonight has AOE, which is almost as bad in terms of a poorly structured plot and inconsistent momentum.

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I tried and tried to appreciate the Bay films but they are just so bad. The first one holds a special place even though it isn't great but the rest are practically unwatchable.

I couldn't imagine what it would be like watching them on free to air stretched out with ads.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Channel 10 continues playing the Transformer movies for the first time, with the third movie (DOTM) on tonight at 10pm, and the 4th movie (AofE) on tomorrow night at 10pm.
    I'm now a bit confused, as the 5th movie (Last Knight) was on channel 9go last weekend, and the 6th movie (Bumblebee) is on channel 9go this saturday. So maybe the Nine network had the rights to the Transformers movies for a number of years, and the first four had expired, but the next two (from 2017 and 2018) haven't yet lapsed to allow Channel 10 to start playing them.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I can't believe how bad DOTM was, story-wise... I tried watching some of it last night, and it was just so confusing and cringe-worthy (I turned onto it just before the "Deep Wang" scene), I just couldn't watch it after about 30 minutes (I probably haven't seen it in full since 2011).
    And tonight has AOE, which is almost as bad in terms of a poorly structured plot and inconsistent momentum.
    I did actually start watching AofE the other week, but gave up by the time Cade had Optimus in his barn... it was just so, meh. The first two movies I can easily watch with only a couple of cringe-worthy moments (for me), but from the third movie on, I just find it really difficult to sit through the whole movie... which I really hate, because I want to be a loyal die-hard fan, but how much of a fan am I if I can't be excited about multiple major productions for the Brand.
    Like, I flicked over to the Last Knight during the last half hour last weekend, and it just made no sense. None of it. They are all on Lockdown's ship to get to the ignition chamber, but decide that it is better to hop in "helicopter" transports that don't work that high up (because the air is too thin), and end up being shot down or crash, rather than use Lockdown's ship to land safely. But then within minutes of being there, the humans give up and leave, after all that effort to get there, and decide to parachute back to earth, when again, Lockdown's ship was still around somewhere doing nothing. And after all that, when the good guys save the day, we are still left with a planet (Cybertron) attached to the side of the Earth like a leech, going nowhere... which you would think, would completely destroy the Earth as the gravity of both pull them together, upsetting the rotation of the planet (affecting day/night and the tides).
    How can you sit and enjoy a movie, that has such significant and obvious plot holes and significant loose ends.

Hopefully ROTB is interesting and well executed, so that we are able to watch it and enjoy it, without being distracted by really absurd elements (movies 2-5) or lots of boring bits (movie 6).

Just a correction, the Bumblebee movie is on tonight (Friday), not Saturday.